A DAY TO REMEMBER

DAYVON BENNETT |VON |ATLANTA, GA📍

DAYVON BENNETT
|VON |
ATLANTA, GA📍

The morning sun filtered through the blinds, casting a warm glow over the room. Von stretched, feeling the tension of the past few days slowly easing from his body. He turned to see Dess still asleep beside him, her face serene in the morning light. He reached out, gently brushing a strand of hair from her face. For the first time in what felt like forever, he saw a chance to give her some peace.

Von slipped out of bed, careful not to wake her, and headed to the kitchen. He wanted to do something special for her, something to take her mind off the chaos. As he prepared breakfast, his mind raced with ideas. A day out, just the two of them, doing something normal. Something that would remind them both that there was more to life than fear and running.

When the smell of bacon and eggs filled the air, Dess stirred, slowly waking up. She stretched, a small smile tugging at her lips as she smelled the food. She sat up, rubbing her eyes, and looked around for Von.

"Good mornin', beautiful," Von said, walking in with a tray of food.

Dess's eyes lit up as she saw the breakfast. "Morning, Von. This looks amazing."

He set the tray down on the bed and kissed her forehead. "Thought you could use somethin' nice to start the day. We gonna take a break from all the madness today, alright? Just me and you, doin' normal stuff."

Dess's smile widened. "I'd like that."

They ate breakfast together, talking about everything and nothing, enjoying the simple pleasure of each other's company. After they finished, Von suggested they go out for the day.

"Get dressed, babe. I got somethin' planned for us," he said, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Dess quickly got ready, excitement bubbling inside her. She hadn't felt this light in days. Von's determination to make her feel safe and happy touched her deeply. When she was ready, Von took her hand, leading her to his car.

They drove through the city, the tension slowly melting away as they chatted and laughed. Von took her to a beautiful park on the outskirts of Atlanta. They walked hand in hand, enjoying the fresh air and the sounds of nature. Dess felt a sense of calm she hadn't felt in a long time.

Von led her to a secluded spot by a lake, where he had set up a small picnic. They sat down, enjoying the food and the view, talking about their dreams and plans for the future. Von could see the sparkle returning to Dess's eyes, and it made his heart swell with happiness.

As the sun began to set, casting a golden glow over the lake, Von pulled Dess into his arms, holding her close. They sat in comfortable silence, just enjoying the moment.

"Von, thank you," Dess said softly, looking up at him. "This means so much to me."

Von kissed her gently. "You deserve it, baby. I just want you to be happy."

They headed back to Von's place as night fell, the air filled with a sense of peace and contentment. When they got inside, Von pulled Dess into his arms again, kissing her deeply. The kiss quickly turned passionate, their need for each other burning through the calm of the day.

Von picked Dess up, carrying her to the bedroom. They undressed each other slowly, savoring every touch, every kiss. As they made love, it felt different this time. It wasn't just about passion or desire; it was about love, trust, and the promise of a future together.

Afterward, they lay tangled in each other's arms, their breathing slowly returning to normal. Von kissed the top of Dess's head, holding her close.

"I love you, Dess," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion.

Dess looked up at him, her eyes shining. "I love you too, Von. More than you'll ever know."

They fell asleep wrapped around each other, the weight of the world momentarily lifted from their shoulders. For the first time in a long time, they both felt a sense of hope and happiness.

The next morning, Von decided to continue their break from reality with something even more special. "How about we go on a real date tonight?" he suggested, a playful glint in his eyes.

Dess grinned. "I'd love that."

Von took her to an upscale restaurant in the city. They dressed up, leaving behind the chaos and danger for a few hours to enjoy a night of romance and laughter. They talked and laughed over dinner, sharing stories and dreams, feeling closer than ever.

After dinner, they took a stroll through the city, hand in hand. They stopped at a small park, where Von surprised Dess with a bouquet of roses he had hidden in the car.

"Von, they're beautiful," she said, her eyes filling with tears of happiness.

"Not as beautiful as you," he replied, kissing her gently.

As they walked back to the car, Dess felt a sense of normalcy she hadn't felt in a long time. Von had given her a day filled with love and happiness, reminding her that there was still so much to look forward to.

Back at the house, they curled up on the couch, watching a movie and enjoying each other's company. As the credits rolled, Dess looked up at Von, her heart full.

"Thank you for today, Von. I needed this more than you know."

Von smiled, kissing her forehead. "Anytime, baby. We're in this together, remember?"

Dess nodded, feeling a sense of peace she hadn't felt in a long time. She knew there were still challenges ahead, but with Von by her side, she felt ready to face them. And for the first time in a long time, she felt truly hopeful for the future.

---

A few weeks passed, and life began to settle into a new rhythm. Von continued to be vigilant, but he also made sure to carve out time for just him and Dess. They spent lazy mornings in bed, went on spontaneous road trips, and even started planning a small getaway to the mountains.

One evening, as they were lounging on the couch, Von turned to Dess with a serious expression. "I've been thinkin', baby. We need to make sure you're always safe, no matter what."

Dess looked at him, her eyes full of trust. "I know, Von. But you can't protect me all the time."

Von took her hands in his. "I know, but I can try. And we can make plans. Keepin' you safe is my top priority."

Dess nodded, leaning into him. "We'll figure it out together."

That night, as they lay in bed, Von's thoughts drifted to the future. He knew they couldn't let their guard down completely, but he also knew they deserved to live their lives without fear. And he was determined to make that happen for Dess, no matter what it took.

---

A few days later, Von surprised Dess with a trip to the beach. They spent the day soaking up the sun, swimming in the ocean, and walking along the shoreline. Dess laughed more than she had in months, her worries melting away with each wave that crashed against the shore.

As the sun began to set, Von pulled Dess into his arms, their feet sinking into the wet sand. "I love you, Dess. More than anything."

Dess looked up at him, her eyes filled with love. "I love you too, Von. You've given me so much. I don't know how to thank you."

Von smiled, kissing her deeply. "Just bein' with you is thanks enough."

They stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, watching the sun dip below the horizon. It was a perfect end to a perfect day, and for the first time in a long time, they both felt truly at peace.