4

The blood moon hung low in the sky, casting an eerie glow over the quiet streets. 

Jungwon needed to turn someone tonight, or he would lose his life. The weight of his predicament pressed heavily on his shoulders. He didn't want to kill or turn someone into a vampire, but he had no other option. He needed to survive.

Before Sunghoon got home, Jungwon slipped out of the house, his heart pounding in his chest. 

I hate this, I hate every second of this.

wouldn't it be better to just sit and wait for death?

Who wants to live this shitty life, commiting sins?

But, who wants to die either?

He had to find someone—a prey—before it was too late. The thought of ending a life sickened him, but the primal urge to survive overrode his guilt.

As he walked through the dimly lit streets, he spotted a man standing alone. 

He sighed slowly as he took a moment to examine his surroundings.

No one near, no one watching, no smell of other vampires around. He confirmed.

Jungwon's steps slowed as he approached, trying to quiet the inner turmoil. you have to do this, let's get this over with. He kept repeating in his mind.

Just as he was about to make his move, a sharp sound caught his attention. He looked towards the dark alley where the sound came from. The man, scared from the sound took his time and ran away. Jungwon was about to run before him but,

he saw a figure emerging from the shadows, a hunter, gun raised and aimed directly at him.

Shit. He had no time or energy to fight a hunter now, he's running out of both.

Jungwon tried to run but, his legs felt so weak, he felt like he couldn't stand anymore. I have to run.

"Don't try to run, vampire," the hunter snarled, his voice dripping with hatred. He took out a two way tranciever and spoke into it."found one of the variant-22. . . .looks weak. . . .okay."

The man redirected the Gun at the vampire.

Jungwon's heart skipped a beat. He knew that the gun was loaded with wolfsbane, a deadly poison for his kind. 

He was trapped, his survival instinct battling with the horror of his situation. Just as the hunter was about to pull the trigger, a loud shout pierced the night.

"Let go of him, right now!"Sunghoon's voice rang out, strong and clear.

The hunter hesitated for a moment, glancing in the direction of the voice. Jungwon heard the hunter gasp and grab his tranciever again."another Variant-22 ! I need help here!"

Jungwon saw Sunghoon's eyes turn a deep shade of blue, glowing with an otherworldly light.

Is he? no way.

"Hyung wait! don't—" 

It was too late.

Sunghoon's body began to transform, shifting into a huge purple werewolf right before their eyes. The sight was both awe-inspiring and terrifying.

The hunter aimed his gun at Sunghoon, but the werewolf moved with lightning speed. With a powerful swipe of his massive claws, Sunghoon knocked the gun out of the hunter's hand, sending it skidding across the pavement.