11

As the five members gathered in the small, dimly lit room, tension filled the air. They had escaped the immediate threat, but the uncertainty of what lay ahead was palpable. Each of them carried a mix of fear, confusion, and determination.

"We need to figure out what's going on," Sunoo said, breaking the silence. He looked around at his friends. "Youngjae's motive is very unclear, but I know there's someone above him giving orders."

Sunghoon furrowed his brow. "What do you mean someone above him? Who could possibly be more powerful than the one who led this whole thing?"

Sunoo sighed, running a hand through his hair. "There's a superior head. He's the one giving instructions to Youngjae. Every vampire has been ordered to turn two humans every night. None of us have ever seen him, but we know he exists."

Jungwon nodded. "Well, here's a powerful presence we've only heard whispers about. It's like a shadow that looms over everything, controlling from the darkness."

Jay and Ni-ki exchanged confused glances. Jay leaned forward, his brows knitted together. "Wait, hold on. Who exactly are we talking about here? This is the first I'm hearing of any superior head or someone leading to these captures. . . .who is Youngjae?"

Ni-ki, equally puzzled, added, "Yeah, same here. who is this Youngjae guy you are talking about?"

Sunghoon, who had lived with Sunoo and Jungwon for years, looked just as baffled. "I've never heard of this either. What the hell are you guys talking about?"

Sunoo took a deep breath, realizing that he and Jungwon needed to provide more context. "Park Youngjae is the one who contacts and leads the vampires on the orders from the superior. We have been hiding from him all these years but he found out somehow and now if he is allowed to he will torchure us to the edge so that we have no option left than to help him with our abilities." He glanced at Ni-Ki who sent Sunoo a glance too, nodding his head since he understood what abilities the older was talking about.

"And. . . .about the Superior head, it's not something that's talked about openly. Even among the vampires, it's more of a legend. But the orders to turn humans every night didn't come from Youngjae himself. They came from this superior head."

Jungwon nodded, his face grim. "We don't know much about him, but the fear he instills is very real. The vampires follow his orders without question."

Jay leaned back, trying to digest the information. "So, what you're saying is, we're dealing with a shadow leader who has an army of vampires at his disposal, and even this Youngjae is just a pawn?"

"Exactly," Sunoo confirmed. "And that makes this situation even more dangerous. We can't just focus on Youngjae. We have to consider the bigger threat."

Ni-ki looked worried. "If that's the case, how do we even begin to fight back? We don't know who this superior head is, what he wants, or how to stop him."

Sunghoon, despite his confusion, tried to think of a solution. "Maybe we need to start by gathering more information. If we can learn more about this superior head, we might find a way to counter his plans."

Jay nodded, his mind racing. "Information is key. We need to find out everything we can. But where do we start?"

Sunoo glanced at Jungwon, a silent understanding passing between them. "There are a few places we could look. We know some vampires who might be willing to talk, given the right incentives."

Jungwon added, "We also have some old texts and records that might shed light on this shadow leader's identity. It's risky, but it's our best shot."

Ni-Ki spoke again "What do you guys know about this Superior? I mean, older people often gossip about such things so you must have heard something in some point of your life?"