8

On the second day of training at the Hunter's Centre, Sunghoon still felt like the weakest link. He cursed under his breath when he was handed another plate of raw meat. After enduring intense training sessions since the previous day, all he'd been given to eat was this raw meat and a apples at night. Essentially, he had only eaten an apple since yesterday.

Frustrated, Sunghoon pushed the plate away with a sigh. Unfortunately, one of the other wolves took offense. 

"We only get one meal a day! How wasteful can you be, you—" the wolf yelled, storming towards Sunghoon and gripping his jaw. Sunghoon yelped in surprise as the guy shoved the raw meat into his mouth, prompting laughter from the other werewolves. To them, it was a cruel joke. Sunghoon felt his stomach turn.

As the enraged wolf grabbed another piece of meat, he was suddenly thrown to the ground. Sunghoon only saw someones seething back and a crossbow aimed at the wolf. 

However, Sunghoon didn't wait to see what would happen next. He bolted to the bathroom, where he threw up, despite having only water since morning. "Damn, crazy bastards.Fucking beasts." He cursed as he walked back.

Returning to his cell, Sunghoon slumped against the cold wall, exhausted.sleep, I just have to sleep. 

---------------

Ni-ki and Jungwon entered the Hunter's Centre with their nerves on edge. As expected, nobody paid any attention to Jungwon, and both of them sighed in relief. 

Ni-ki went ahead and peeked inside the main office, checking for any significant figures. Seeing no one, he motioned for Jungwon to follow him. Nervous, and at alert, Jungwon followed him.

They walked through a pathway lined with the houses of hunters, their eyes alert for any signs of danger. They stopped in front of one house, the smell of herbs stinging their noses.

 Ni-ki looked around, ensuring they were not being watched, and knocked lightly on the door. They waited a few seconds and it opened to reveal a young man in glasses.

"You'll be doomed if you're seen here!" the man whisper-yelled at Ni-ki, gasping in surprise when he noticed Jungwon. Ni-ki quickly explained the situation, detailing their need for three bottles of the scent masking solution. The man, Jake, as he later introduced himself to Jungwon, nodded in understanding.

"Come back in two days," Jake said, glancing around nervously. "I'll have it ready for you."

Jungwon let out a sad breath, his shoulders slumping. They still had to wait two days before they could come for Sunghoon. "Two days. . . .it's too long," Jungwon muttered.

"I know," Ni-ki replied, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder which the older yanked off immedietly. Ni-ki retracted his hand pursing his lips. "We'll. . . .make it work."He said after a second.

Jake looked at Jungwon, then back at Ni-ki. "Be careful. The hunters are on high alert. Don't get caught."

"We won't," Ni-ki assured him, giving a determined nod. "Thank you, Hyung. We owe you."

Jake shrugged. "Just make sure you keep your promise to help me when the time comes."

As they turned to leave, Jungwon couldn't help but ask, "why are you helping him? You know it's dangerous."

Jake sighed, looking conflicted. "Let's just say I owe someone a favor. And besides, not all hunters believe in the cause as fervently as others."

Ni-ki nodded. "We understand. We'll be careful."