3

"I can understand your concern Jimin, but it's important for you as a father, to know about this. And as a doctor, I don't want to sugarcoat yunmi's condition. I'm happy that I could help her until now, and I'll continue doing so till the day you decide to stop yourself."

"That's never happening." Jimin gritted his teeth, furious at the doctor for even mentioning something like giving up on his daughter. How could he say so?

He knew everything since the beginning! How can he say something so unthoughtful? How can he imply anything like that when he knows how much he has struggled to keep his daughter with him, alive?!

Jimin had angry words bouncing on the tip of his tongue. He knew, he was being irrational. He knew that what the doctor said was right. But he refused to give up. He refused to believe that a mere disease can take his daughter away from him. He was able to keep her alive and happy for six years and he will continue to do so until his last breath.

The doctor sighed while writing down some medicines on the paper.

"Uncle!" The loud excited voice of yunmi drew the attention of the two adults in the room.

The little girl came running towards the said doctor before hugging the familiar man dearly. The young doctor didn't waste another second before reciprocating the affection.

"Mimi! Wow, look how strong you've become." The doctor said while measuring her biceps as yunmi was busy flexing them.

Jimin could feel his anger dissisipate into thin air. It took one look at his daughter to change his entire system. One look at the beautiful creation of his love and he could feel his nerves relaxing. He admired the scene before him while a soft smile danced on his lips.

He breathed deeply before swiftly wiping his eyes clear of any salty liquid. That was his life before him, his daughter.

______

It was fairly dark outside given the nighttime. Yunmi was busy with her books when the clouds suddenly decided to turn violent. The loud thunder clashed against the ears of everyone in the house followed by heavy rain.

The noise was enough to startle yunmi and make her run into the arms of her dear father who was working on his laptop in the living room.

"What happened baby? Are you okay?" He was quick enough to pull her towards himself and on his lap. Yunmi wrapped her small arms around his neck and buried her face into his embrace.

The thunder decided to holler once again making yunmi's grip tighten around her father. Jimin carrassed her back gently as he understood what this was about.

"It's okay darling, I'm here." He said soothingly while gently rocking her side to side. He buried her in his big jacket and held her close to himself with a smile.

"I'm afraid, daddy." He heard her shaky voice. Yunmi was surely brave but thunder scared her the most. Jimin couldn't help but wonder if she got it from her mother.

He immediately paused as he realised what he was thinking. His smile was taken over by the usual nothing on his face.

"I know baby, let's go to bed." He carried her to her bedroom before gently laying her down on the bed.

_____

The next day brought bright sun and chirps of happy birds. The scent of wet ground lingered in the air thanks to the heavy downpour the night earlier.

Yunmi gazed out of her glass door and saw a beautiful butterfly sitting on it. The transparent door that exited into a small garden that didn't really have many floral plants, made it look like the butterfly was floating before her eyes.