14

JIMIN

"And?" Hana leaned in, her eyebrows were turned into a sad frown, but she still wanted to know it all.. it ached my heart.. but there was no going back..

"And... my world started calling me dad." I looked at yunmi with a fond smile before carrasing her head.

"What about me?" Hana's voice brought me back from my little moment. I felt my heart drop as her voice ringed in my ears.

"Huh?" What was she talking about?

"What happened to me?" She asked again.

"Her! Just because I Iet my daughter imagine you in place of her, doesn't make the story yours." I stated firm and clear.

"Yeah.. sorry." Hana sighed, probably regretting, not having thought before asking. "Her. What happened to yuri?"

I stared at Hana for a second too long. What happened to yuri? What should I tell them? My brain worked gears before it came to a reasonable story.

"Singing. She was always very passionate about singing, so she left to chase her passion." I finished, not meeting anyone's eyes, rather staring at my now finished cup of coffee.

"Wait. This doesn't make any sense. A girl who despised love and marriage, left everyone for you, and when yunmi was born, she chose her career?" She lifted her brows as if she wasn't buying it. "I don't believe it."

"It wasn't a folklore or a mythology for you to believe it or not. It's a true story." I glared at Hana.

"Even then, it doesn't add up. You're hiding something. Tell me the truth." She insisted. I was done for the day. All I wanted to do was go back home with my daughter.

"Yunmi, you asked for your mom's story. I told you, we're done. Let's leave. Hihi." I ignored the lady before me and payed the bill before taking yunmi's backpack.

"I got it. There was a time when you struggled to pay the bill. Now you can afford fifty dollars just for coffee. Wow. So, your status might have changed your priorities." Hana subtly accused me of prioritizing yuri less when I had grown financially. She pissed me, honestly. After glaring at her for another second, I looked back at yunmi.

"Yunmi, let's go. Hihi!" I got up turning to leave before I was stopped again by Hana.

"You must've left her like you left the story." She was purposely provoking me, I knew it, so I turned to call yunmi once again but her question stopped me and got me right back on my seat that I left.

"Daddy, did you leave mom?" My little daughter asked me. Oh dear.. how do I tell you.. I would never.. how could I leave my yuri? I don't care about others.. I only care about my daughter and right now, I can't let my daughter have this particular doubt in her head. I sat back down on my seat before starting again.

"You've listened to mumma's side of story. Should I tell you daddy's side?"

_______

The day when Jimin found out yuri was pregnant, he was ecstatic, to say the least.. he couldn't describe how happy he was.. he felt like he was on the top of the world.

There wasn't a day he didn't talk to yuri's little bump. He was always there with her no matter what.

He remembers all the late night cravings and the sudden mood swings. He might've been annoyed at times when she woke him up in the middle of the night and asked him to get ice creams, but she didn't need to know that. Because for him, those were the best days.

Of course pregnancy brought a few thing along, the nausea was always there, the back pain and the constant need to use washroom, God, what he'd have given to take the difficulties away from her...