8

It was one of those days, when she was in the local market place, exploring. I was, as usual, trying to capture her but somehow lost her sight while adjusting my camera. I frantically looked around but she just vanished.

I sighed, maybe today was a break day. I was wrong. It was definitely a break for my camera, but I wouldn't say the same for my heart.
_____

"Why daddy?" Yunmi asked me with worry filled eyes. "Did you dissappear mommy?" She turned to Hana catching her off guard.

I was startled when she suddenly seeked for answers from the one she imagined to be her mother... it's not something uminaginable, but still managed to send a pang to my chest the moment she addressed Hana as her mother.

Hana on the other hand, looked very much invested in my story.. almost as if.. ugh she really was clueless..

"Let's hear it from daddy, yeah?" She smiled at my daughter and turned to look back at me, asking me to continue. My eyes lingered over her for a moment longer than I'd want, in response to which she raised her eyebrow.

I averted my eyes back on the coffee cup in my hands before continuing to narrate what felt like an interesting story to them but was infact, a huge part of my life, my emotions.. my memories...
_______

"What're you doing?"

My camera was snatched from my grip. My heart almost jumped of my mouth at the action until I saw who it was to actually dare and snatch my beloved camera.

I froze at the sight of her. She looked like a goddess standing in front of me. I was too drowned in her beauty, I almost missed what she was saying.

"Are you mistaking some street crush for love and plotting to kidnap?" Her brows were slightly furrowed and eyes bored into mine as she kept complaining. Her cherry lips moved so smoothly, I almost mistook then for feathers. Wonder if they also felt like that. There I was, shamelessly staring at her with a stupid smile.

"Do you think I'm joking?" She snapped her fingers in front of me, bursting my little bubble of love.

"C-can I..." my words came out wobbly as I pointed at my camera shakily. God, the effect she had on me.

"I'm talking to you." She argued. Even her voice was like honey. Sweet and smooth. Captivating.

"Hey sis, what's wrong?" A boy, her younger cousin from my observations, ran upto her, seeing her all riled up and ready to throw hands.

"I've caught you several times! You do know this is a crime, right? Care to remind me when you asked for my consent?"

I was baffled, I never had any evil intentions and that was what I wanted to explain her. But before I could form right words in her presence, another man walked upto us.

"What happened ma'am? What's the problem?" He asked.

"He-" she looked at me spitefully before answering the man. "This man has been following me, and taking my photographs without my permission."

"Sis, let's file a police complaint." Her cousin meddled, anger now taking over his features.

"Wha-"

"Hey man, are you crazy?" The other man spoke before I could justify myself.
"Are you acting smart?" He pushed me slightly by my shoulder. Having enough of this random guy, I bore my eyes into his giving him a clear message that he was being a troublesome.

Clearly getting the message, the man gulped and silently walked away. With my face back to normal, I turned to the girl that had me bid goodbye to my sleep.