15

Shards of dreams, now fallen apart,
Echos of you, still haunt my heart..
In the pain, where our love used to be,
Lies the ghost of you and me..

____

"Surprise!" Everyone cheered when Hana stepped inside the mansion.

She forced a smile on her face but her eyes remained dull and heavy with emotions.

"Thank you." She thanked a few friends that congratulated her. While walking down the staircase, a friend of her may have noticed the tears glistening in her eyes.

"What happened?"She asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Hana smiled before making her way towards the washroom.

________

Jimin kicked the door open as he held yunmi in his arms who was still sleeping soundly after the long day, filled with tons of emotions.

He carefully laid her down and tucked her in the bed after securing her cannula.

When he got out of the room, he was confronted by yunmi's grandpa.

"Is yunmi okay? What happened?" He asked, worry lacing his tone.

"Everything's fine." He glanced at the old man before watching him walk inside yunmi's room.

He walked inside the kitchen to grab a glass of wine and sat on the living room couch, with his laptop on the coffee table.

He brought the glass of wine to his lips and took a small sip of the drink. He tightened his grip around the glass as his eyes fell on his laptop. His grip was so strong, it would've ripped the glass into shreds if he hadn't put it down.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm the storm of his emotions that no one could understand. People around him, can sympathize but no one can feel what he felt at that moment.

He moved the cursor to a file that he had stored in a hidden folder. The last time he had touched the folder was when yunmi was admitted to the hospital three years ago. He was devastated and needed even a little bit of warmth and his heart led him to this particular folder.

Today, however, was different.. he wasn't devastated, he wasn't happy, he.. he didn't know what he felt.. he didn't know.. was this a reality? His reality? Why did destiny have to play such a petty game with him?  Wasn't all the six years of his suffering enough?

He clicked on the file and there she was.. his yuri.. the first picture was the one that he had clicked the moment yuri climbed down that train in busan.. She had an umbrella in her hand and it was raining.. but she somehow seemed to shine like an angel, even in the cloudy weather like that.. her smile as she looked at someone behind him, melted his being and it was at that moment, that he knew, he was doomed.

He remembered every detail about her.. her sweet vanilla scent, every little mole on her body and even the tiniest habit of scrunching her nose when she had something in her mind.. he knew it all.. even after six damn years, he remembered everything about her..

But today.. he felt like he knew nothing... his yuri wasn't his anymore.. heck his yuri wasn't even yuri anymore.. she was Hana.. and she seemed to be living a good life... better than how she was with him..
________

Hana stared at her reflection in the mirror before her eyes gave up and burst into tears.. everything was so overwhelming.. she couldn't understand the pull she felt towards yunmi.. she couldn't understand why the pain of an unknown man affected her so much.. Hana just couldn't..

Once Hana had calmed herself down, she quickly washed her face and readied herself for the party outside. She was brushing her hair for the last time when she heard a knock on the door.

"Hana!" She opened the door before stepping out to see her mother. Her hand in the mid-air , probably about to knock for the third time.

"Everyone's waiting for the bride, what're you doing?" Soyeon, her mother asked once Hana was standing before her.

"Nothing mom, I was on my way." She replied before walking away leaving her mom behind.

________

Flashback~

Jimin spent most of his time in the hospital, either near his wife or his daughter.. he basically lived at the hospital.

The doctors told him, he could take yunmi home in a few days and that is why he spent more time there. Yuri had her parents look after her when he was gone to take care of his daughter.

The day when yunmi was discharged, he was so happy, he wanted to share it with yuri.. but he couldn't.. realization always hit him hard that yuri wasn't there with him anymore..

Then came the day when they informed him that  yuri had waken up.. he was delighted, but it wasn't for long..

He ran inside the hospital with baby yunmi in his arms.

"You can't see her!" Soyeon stopped him.

"I have every right. She's my wife." He turned to tell her.

"No, she's not." Her voice broke. "She doesn't even remember you. She doesn't remember that she is married and has a kid." She held the chair for support. She felt like she'd loose her balance from the weight of her emotions.

Jimin on the other hand, stood there, frozen, with his daughter in his arms.

"In fact, she doesn't even remember that her parents are divorced... she forgot everything.." soyeon yelled before falling on the chair while crying her heart out.

Jimin looked in front of him, at yuri, who was sleeping peacefully. He could see her through the transparent squares on the door. He looked down at his daughter as tears made their way down his eyes drop by drop.

So this was how it was going to be? His thoughts wandered back to his life until now.. how pathetic.. he thought. How pathetic he was.. that he couldn't even take care of his wife.. or his daughter..

"Post traumatic amnesia. We didn't think that she would survive. Retrieving the lost memories is not in our control.." 
__________

Shards of dreams, now fallen apart..
Echoes of you still haunt my heart..
In the pain that I'm used to being in.
__________

This chapter was really short, but it felt right to end it here.

Anyway,

Today is October 13 everyone!! Happy jiminie dayyyy!!!💜💜