Chapter 19 ~ Girls Just Want To Have Fun

So the third book in this series is currently in the planning stage.
It is called New York State of Mind. I've been writing a bit of the first chapter and so far it has one Star Wars reference (Star Wars is one of the greatest movie sagas of all time so just try learn the references)
Enjoy this chapter!

----------------------------------------------

Ryley and Ryder walk to her locker, hand in hand before Glee club one day. Ryley opens her locker up to get some books she needs to take home for homework and to study for a test the next day. Ryder looks at her locker door.
"I see my photo is back in it's rightful place on your locker door." Ryder says with a smile.
"Is mine on yours?" Ryley asks.
"It always has been and it will be there until my final day at McKinley." Ryder says proudly. Ryley kisses his cheek then returns to sorting out her locker.
Ryder continues to study her locker door. Photos of Ryley's family (her Grandma, her family in New York and her brother and her brother's girlfriend), Marley and Jake and then there's the ones of him and Ryley. Ones of them kissing, performing and just looking all lovey dovey together. He smiles at them.
Ryley closes her door then grabs Ryder's hand to walk to Glee club together.

-----------------------------------------

"This weeks assignment is Girls versus Boys." Will says as everyone sits in the choir room.
Everyone has mixed reactions but mostly everyone is happy.
"We should sing some Tay-Tay!" Marley says to the girls.
"I'm thinking Olly Murs' Army of Two." Abraham says to the guys.
"There is one catch." Will says.
"I hate catches." Kitty says.
"There's always a catch." Ryley complains.
"The songs have to be from the 70s, 80s or 90s." Will says. Groans and complaints come from some but others have joy on their faces.
"I have a couple of ideas." Ryder whispers to some of the guys.
"Enjoy everyone." Will says.

-------------------------------------

"So this song idea I have will involve a soloist and everyone else being back up singers." Ryley says to the girls when they're planning in the choir room.
"Let me guess; that soloist is going to be you." Kitty says.
"No. I think Kitty, you deserve the solo." Ryley says.
"Seriously? The famous Ryley Bridges who always gets the solos and the hot guys is giving me the solo?" Kitty says, not believing Ryley.
"I think you'd be awesome with this song." Ryley says.
"What song is it?" Aylin asks since no one knows the song idea other then Ryley.
"Cyndi Lauper's girl power anthem Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Ryley says with a smile.
"I have that song on constant replay on my iPod." Nellie says.
"Girl power!" Unique says.
"Coming from the girl with a penis." Kitty says with her usual bitchy smirk.
Unique scowls at Kitty. Kitty just smiles.
"Let's get rehearsing!" Ryley says, distracting Kitty and Unique from their awkward moment.

----------------------------------

"I'm thinking we do a classic NSYNC song or Aerosmith." Jake says to the guys in the History classroom Will is letting them use.
"No. We have to do a song by one of the greatest bands ever with one of the greatest singers ever." Cameron says.
"What song?" Michael asks.
"I think I know the song you're thinking of, Cameron." Ryder says.
'What is it?" Abraham asks.
"I also may have an idea." Jake says.
"Tell us." Charlie says.
"Queen and David Bowie's epic duet of Under Pressure." Cameron says.

-----------------------------------

The girls are first up the next day. They're all dressed up like some of the girls in the original music video for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, all dressed up in that style of clothes.
"Now let's give it up for the girls!" Will says and starts the clapping off. The guys clap as the girls get into position.

[Kitty (with the Girls):]
I come home in the (morning light)
My mother says (when you gonna live your life right)
Oh mother dear (we're not the fortunate ones)
(And girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun)

The phone rings in the (middle of the night)
My father yells (what you gonna do with your life)
Oh daddy dear you know (you're still number one)
(But girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have)

[Kitty & The Girls:]
That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

[Kitty, Marley & The Girls:]
Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

[Kitty & The Girls:]
That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun,
They want to have fun,

"That was awesome girls but I was a little surprised the usual girls soloist Ryley wasn't singing." Will says.
"So were we." Kitty says.
"Still it was nice to hear you get a solo, Kitty." Will says.
"Your turn boys." Ryley says as the girls sit back down still wearing their costumes. She smirks at Ryder who pecks her cheek as she walks past him.
The guys go get changed in the boys bathroom.

------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be the guys performing.
Songs Used:
Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper (Cory's version is amazing on the show but this version is the normal version. Also one of my fondest childhood memories is when it was my sister's birthday and my Granddad sung this and he was so bad)

Vote!
Comment!