Rain day

Today is one of those days in London we're it's raining really bad. I was cocking dinner for me and Olivia, while she was sitting in the kitchen window watching the rain fall. I was making some tomato soup with some bread on the side. It didn't take long as I only had to heat it up.

"Mommy?" Olivia said looking out the window and letting out a sigh at the same time.

"Yeah?" I said stirring the soup.

"I want to go outside." She said.

"It's raining, and dinners almost ready." I said getting two plates out of the cabinet placing them on the table.

"I have rain boots and a rain jacket mommy." She  said following me around where I walk.

"I know you do, I got them for you. But that is not the reason." I said while carefully carrying the soup over to the table.

"But I want to go outside mommy." She said sitting herself down on the floor crossing her arms.

"Not now, it's dinner now." I said picking her up from the floor and putting her down in her chair.

"Please mommy." She said as I put some soup in her bowl to cool of a bit.

"Let me think about it." I said giving her the cooled down soup.

"Okay." Olivia said and began to eat her soup.

After both me and Olivia have finished eating, with most of Olivia's soup ending up on her shirt, I cleaned up. I changed Olivia's shirt before I put on a load of laundry. I walked out and sat down on the couch. I sat there for some time watching the tv, and after a bit I almost fell asleep. But I was woken by a loud bag, and soon after a loud cry. I jumped up from the couch and stood up. At first I couldn't see Olivia but her cries came from kitchen. I walked into the kitchen as fast as I could and saw that one of the chairs had been pushed over to the counter, and Olivia laying on her stomach, crying on the floor beside it. I quickly picked up Olivia and held her close. I put the chair back in its place before walking over to the couch again. I sat down with Olivia still crying a bit in my arms.

"What happed honey?" I said sitting her down on my lap looking into her eyes, wiping away her tears.

"I wanted a snack, and I didn't reach it so I climbed on the chair. But I fell down." She said in between sobs.

"Did you hurt yourself?" I asked brushing my hand trough her hair.

"My lip hurt mommy." She said putting her finger on her lip.

"Let me see." I said taking her finger away. It looked okay, but a bit red and swollen.

"It looks okay, it will get better in some days." I said. Olivia wiggled herself closer to me and put her head on my chest. I leaned back and let out a sigh.

"Mommy?" Olivia said against my chest.

"Hmm." I said back.

"Can we go outside, in the rain?" Olivia asked. I just had to smile.

"Fine, but only if you promise to never climb on the chairs while mommy's not there. So next time  you ask mommy, okay?" I said.

"Okay." Olivia said sliding off my lap. She ran of to the door. I walked after her and dressed her up in her rain clothes. I put on my rain jacket and boots before I let Olivia go out the door.

"It's raining so much mommy." Olivia said looking back at me locking the door.

"It is." I said walking over to her.

We walked over to the playground near by and Olivia ran around happily. She jumped in every puddle she could find while laughing. I love seeing her this happy. After a bit Olivia decided she wanted to go down the slide. The slide was really wet and there was a puddle at the end of it. I helped her up and stood by the end of the slide waiting for her to go down. She pushed herself down and began sliding down. She hit the bottom of the slide and splashed water all over herself and me. She didn't bother tho and went up to slide down again. We spent a good hour at the playground before the weather began to get worse and I decided to go home. Since I have a match tomorrow we have to go to bed early. It's luckily a home game, which gives us a bit more time in the morning.

We get inside and I help Olivia get out of her wet clothes. I hung them up and did the same to my clothes. Olivia had ran of to the couch and I walked after her turning on the tv before sitting down with her. Olivia crawled over to me and stood up in my lap.

"What we do tomorrow mommy?" She asked balancing her self with her hands on my shoulders.

"Mommy have a match, and you know what." I said putting my hands on her body to help her keep the balance.

"What?" She asked.

"Your gonna be mommy's mascot." I said.

"I will walk out with mommy on the pitch?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah." I said and Olivia gave me a hug.

"Can I wear my arsenal shirt with mommy's name on." She asked sitting herself down in my lap.

"Of course." I said.

-

I had changed Olivia into her pjs and put her into her bed. By the time I walked out she had fallen asleep. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and got ready for bed. I took my ponytail out and brushed trough my hair. When I walked out of the bathroom I was met by a sleepy toddler holding onto her blanket and bunny. She looked up at me while rubbing her eyes. She didn't say anything and just put her hands up. I picked her up.

"Why are awake Olivia?" I whispered to her.

"I wanted to sleep in your bed." She said before plopping her head down on my shoulder.

"But your supposed to sleep in your own bed when we're home." I said still standing outside the bathroom.

"Mmm, just for tonight mommy? Please." She said giving me a tight hug.

"Fine, but tomorrow you will go back to your bed." I said as I began to walk over to my bed. I put Olivia down on the bed and she laid down in the middle of it. I got in beside her. When I laid down Olivia snuggled her body into mine. She fell asleep pretty quickly. The way she was laying gave me a good view of her lip, which was still a bit swollen and red, but nothing much. She didn't show any pain when she ate or when I brushed her teeth, so I think she's ok. After a bit I fell asleep myself.

———————————————————————

A/N - hope you like it. And I was thinking about making a new story (I will still continue this one), and I was wondering what you'll like me to write about. Please share your thoughts.