→26←

Let me know if there's any grammatical mistake, I'll correct it since I didn't reread it.

Chapter 25: The past.
______________________________________

The next morning came quite quickly for Jungkook, as he got off his bed to start a new day. He did his usual morning routine, and went downstairs, it was still a little unusual for him, despite the fact that he has been living In seokjin's mention for some while now.

As he stepped downstairs, his eyes caught a glimpse of Taehyung standing by the door way of the kitchen. He narrowed his eyes, not wanting to see the guy, ye turned around to leave but tae already saw him, and run over like his life depended on it, he grabbed Jungkook's wrist, stopping him.

"I know you're mad at me but please, just hear me out once"

Jungkook turned to look at him, his face unbothered but tae knew better. "I am not mad at you Taehyung, who told you so? You get mad at people who you mean something special to you, not people who constantly betrays you!"

Taehyung let go of his wrist, looking down, as he let out a sigh, he knew... although Jungkook might not show it, he was definitely hurt knowing that Taehyung has a part somewhere in the death of his father.

"Just...listen to me once..." His words came out in a low tone, hoping a chance from jk.

Just in order to show it like he didn't care, Jungkook crossed his arms over how chest, "Okay fine, say it. What explanation do you have? What...happened that day?"

They both sat down on the sofa nearby, Jungkook waiting for Taehyung to speak who was almost taking forever, it was obviously hard for him too, before he said,

__ 6 years ago __
(To the time of jk's father's death)

The boy knocked on the door consistently, "Dad, please!!! Stop! Open the door! Please, I beg you!!"

But the horrible sounds from inside the room never stopped, the 16 year old boy, who's cheeks were reddened and eyes swollen from crying too much, looked around, in hope for anything useless, anything that could save his mother.

Then he saw a phone, reaching over in panic, he picked it up, it was his mother's phone, knowing the passcode, he unlocked it, opening the call history, he was panicking, his hands constantly shaking, as he looked for a contact he could call, several call history, he knew calling the police would make no change, he looked through and most calls were "Mr.Jeon" Taehyung knew him, that was the guy, the man his mother always talked so highly of, he's good friends with her, and without thinking twice, he dialed the number.

It rang for a few seconds before the line was picked up, "Hello?"

"Please...help me" those words came out so desperate, making mr.jeon slightly panic,

"Who-? Wait, taehyung? Is that you talking?" Seemed like mr.jeon recognized his voice slightly,

"Yes, it's me, please come here. At home. Mom... Save her please...I beg you,"

"Don't cry! I'll be there, immediately. Stay away from there, okay? Stay safe. I'll be there quick!" Mr.jeon said reassuring the panicked boy although his voice was laced with concern.

After puting down the phone, Taehyung looked back at the door, his face screamed fear and panic, he knocked again, hoping for some reply, "Mom? Can you hear me? Please!!!"

Just a few minutes later, Taehyung could hear some gun shots from downstairs, he placed his hands over his ear, pressing his knees to his chest, his body shaking uncontrollably. His mother...he felt helpless, he wanted to save her...

A few moments later, he was engulfed in a warm embrace, he looked up with his teary eyes, recognizing the male, "Save mother please..."

Mr.jeon looked at Taehyung in worry, "Where's she? What happened?"

Taehyung pointed towards the room at the corner, "dad...he-"

"Shh. Don't worry. Stay here, okay?"

Mr.Jeon handed him the phone, asking him to call the ambulance just in case, as he proceed to the door, trying to open it, the sounds were there, weird sounds...but faint. He looked around, for something, useful but there was nothing. He tried breaking the lock by constantly hitting the gun on it, after a little while, the lock finally broke, mr.jeon pushed the door open and his eyes met with tae's father, who's hands were bloody and...taehyung's mother was on the floor, full bruised and barely...alive.

Seeing the sight, Mr jeon's heart felt like it would break, she was someone he spend his whole life with, his bestest friend, the greatest memories, he looked mr.kim in pain and anger. How could he...do something like this to his wife? His son's mother?

Mr.kim cursed under his breath before he pushed mr.jeon away and went out the door, knowing very well, that he would definitely follow and it happened. Mr.jeon turned around, "Taehyung, stay with your mother!"

He spoke before rushing after mr.kim...

__ End of flashback __

"...and what happened later...I don't know. It was later that day after I took my mom to the hospital that I saw on the news...that he died..."

Taehyung's eyes were teary, his hands slightly shaking as he remembered that terrifying moment of his life, the day he started hating his father with his whole being.

The room was engulfed in a thick silence, Jungkook was quiet. His eyes looking down on his lap, his hands clenching the fabric of his pants, he wanted to blame Taehyung, he wanted to blame him for calling his father there that day, had he not, he'd probably be alive here today with him but he couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to. How could he?

If he was in taehyung's position, he might have 99% percent done the same, he bite his lower lip, as he raised his head to look at Taehyung, placing his hand on his tae's shaking ones...

"How come I never knew dad had such a friend..." He mumbled, he thought he knew a lot about his father, but maybe because he always wanted to stay from his dad's work, he barely knew anything. And it sunk into him hard, hurting him.

After knowing the truth, Jungkook wanted to do nothing but go to yoonchul and kill him but he couldn't do it. As much as he wanted to, he knows he shouldn't act so recklessly.

Taehyung glanced at him, knowing the conflict emotions in him, he pulled Jungkook closer, taking him in my embrace, "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...it all happened because of me"

Jungkook didn't feel like agreeing neither did he feel the need to tell him that it's not his fault, he just accepted his hug, he felt like he was under the dark for the longest...

Wish...he knew better.

______________________________________

•~✧✧✧✧~•

It took a week for this update, since I had to reread the whole story as I myself had forgotten a few points. But I promise, it'll surely get interesting soon.

Make sure to vote if you enjoyed the chapter and do tell me how you're enjoying the story so far.

Thank you for reading!!

Words: 1209