35

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto nor The Gamer. I own nothing, really.

Chapter 35

So, yeah, it was official.

Kabuto and the extra guy were my teammates. I'm not sure if it showed on my face, I had become quite good at hiding my emotions when I wanted to, but I wouldn't be surprised if something slipped through. If it did, nobody said anything and we did the whole introduction while we explained to each other what we could do.

I had experienced a lot of surreal moments in my life after… well, coming back to life, which is why I was always kind of surprised that I could still be hit with new ways to feel like that. Learning that I would participate in the Chuunin Exams with Kabuto, a.k.a. Orochimaru's agent at my side, was one such moment. 'This complicates matters,' I thought to myself after I was able to get away from them and Anko. 'Really complicates matters, and also tells me that I might have taken the Snake's attention from Sasuke.'

At that point though, I couldn't quite bring myself to care about changes to the plot anymore. After all, I was seeing more things different than I was seeing things stay the same. Clinging to my foreknowledge and expecting it to remain just as valuable was a fool's errand and I had known it from the very beginning. It was time to use it solely to know what someone's abilities could be and maybe their motivations. But the plot itself had gone out the window a while ago.

So, with the next mess in sight, I sat in my bedroom looking over my changed status and skill screens.

[Eiji Satou

Main Title: Anko Mitarashi's Apprentice

Secondary Title: Prodigy

Energy Points: 900/900

Chakra Points: 675/675

Strength: 45

Dexterity: 49

Constitution: 45

Chakra: 45

Chakra control: B+]

It was beautiful, or at least it was to me. I was especially proud of Dexterity, to be honest. And despite what one might think, it had nothing to do with being able to reach incredible levels of speed. No, I actually quite liked it because it was the stat that I used the most when I was Free Running around the village. Some would call it an unimportant reason, but I had grown fond of the things that didn't hold any grand motive behind. The little things and all that.

With a small, satisfied smile, I continued on to the skills.

[Physical Resistance – Lvl 20

Reduces the damage received by purely physical attacks by 20%.]

That skill wasn't Maxed yet, but it was one that I was very proud of. It had been growing slowly. Especially since I didn't quite have a training exercise for it. It simply grew as time passed, through spars and the like. I still remembered when I got the skill. It hadn't been much. I hadn't even been noticeable. But now? Now I definitely noticed. And since I had half-expected it to max at 20 and leave it with just 20% decrease, I was more than happy to see that it could still grow further, like some other of my skills.