Resurrection

Y/N had finally dropped his bat. He had come so far. He had beaten every other monster that tried to fight him. Papyrus, muffet, mettaton, sans, undyne. Y/N had gone the furthest out of any other human who had fell into the underground yet he was so close to being free but was far from actually being free. He had took too much punishment from Asgore. His body stained with bruises and slashes. His (H/C) hair stained with blood. His purple eyes grew tired as Y/N fell to his knees. Y/N tried to get up, he tried to persevere but he was all out of perseverance. He couldn't keep going.

Asgore slowly walked over to Y/N, guilt written all over his face as he felt bad for this young man.
"I'm sorry my human friend. In another life we could've been friends... maybe even family." Asgore said with tears in his eyes as he remembered his son asriel and his daughter Chara. "We could've been at the kitchen table telling each other stories of our days. We could've ate cinnamon and butterscotch pie together... B-but I'm sorry my people come first." Asgore stated as he shut his eyes and raises his trident before driving it down on the young man on the floor.

Asgore watched as Y/N's soul floated away from his body and began to crack. Before it could cfully shatter into millions of pieces, asgore took his soul before placing it into a glass container.
'6 souls... 1 more left'

(...)

Years had gone by since the barrier had been broke by Frisk and for the most part Y/N and the 5 other souls, harvested by asgore, had been forgotten about. Alphys temporary had worked on them to see if their bodies could be restored but gave up soon after. However, when gaster had been released from his cycle of constantly being teleported through different timelines, he began to work vigorously on restore the human souls.

This process took years as he worked on 1 soul. The one that made it the furthest. The one who almost persevered through the whole underground. The one soul who could withstand Gasters experiments. Y/N's soul. Gaster worked tirelessly for over 6 years. Until, he finally had a break through.

Gaster sat in his previous laboratory. The one he used to create pure determination. As he looked at what he created. His eyes filled with glee. A human body, made completely of organic material and magic.
"Finally, after all these years. Y/N L/N, your going to be one happy man." Gaster smiled to himself as he began the process of infusing Y/N's soul back into his newly made body.

The body was almost an exact replica of Y/N's old body. It even had the scars from his fights with asgore and the other monsters he had fought. A piston pushed Y/N soul into the test tube of the body. The two started to interact as the soul collided into the body causing sirens to go off.
Gaster scanned the room confusingly as he looked to the console that was running the transaction.
"The body! It can't handle the the soul! The experiment is about to-!" Gaster was cut off as the test tube exploded causing gaster to be flung against his laboratory walls.

Gaster was dazed as he got up. His balance was all off so he almost fell but luckily for him he used the walls, he had just been flung against, as support. He looked to the test tube as his eyes widened. There he was Y/N L/N. His unconscious body lay on the ground. Gaster slowly trotted towards Y/N before smiling.
"The experiment was a success." He breathed a sigh of relief as he picked Y/N up and threw the nearly 6 foot man over his shoulder as he took him to the medical room of his laboratory.

(...)

Hours had gone by with no sign of the young man waking up. So, gaster left his lab and went to the overworld to tell asgore of his success. However, when gaster had left, Y/N began to slowly wake up. Y/N was confused the last memory he had was helping asriel and frisk break the barrier after their fight. Y/N felt up his new body. He couldn't believe it. He was actually alive again.