New Beginnings

"We still have a couple of hours till the museum is open right," asked Larry.

"Yes," I responded.

"Then let's start working."

"Wait a minute. You don't need to do that."

"You helped me with the museum. Now it's time for me to help you."

I was still in shock at what he was saying. Dr McPhee really liked the museum a certain way and that's why he kept me. I cleaned everything just the way he wanted. I mean I did it for the money but to get help. From someone who probably doesn't know what they are doing.

"Let's get going," I said turning to lead them.

"Going were," said Dr McPhee.

"Dr. McPhee!"

"Nice try Marion but you can't save the night guard. I want to talk to you Larry now."

Though he took Larry away to talk. We were still determined to clean as fast and as well as we could in the time we were given. It was hard work for me, Rebecca and Nick. It was beautiful to see it as so nice and clean. When it was all done.

When Rebecca went to open the doors. Crowds of people came rushing in. Thankfully all of the other employees were there to help. It was amazing and overwhelming. I'll need more helpers with this big of a crowd.

Thankfully Larry I kept his job. I was very worried about losing another friend again. I requested to leave the janitorial business. Dr McPhee was very against it. He even offered for me to be the boss of the new janitors. Which I still can't help laughing about. A 16 year old girl is the boss of three people older than her.

If you're wondering who the new janitors are they are Cecil Reginald and Gus. Larry decided not to tell on them for attempted left. So I offered a hard job that will teach them a lesson every day. Cleaning up the museum's mess. I know just how hard it is. So seeing my old night guard friends doing my job made me laugh more than ever.

The reason I left my job is that I want to grow more. I believe I can find that in public school. I still want to hang out with the museum every other night. Though I can't promise every night or I'll probably be very sleep deprived.

When I came over to the museum. I couldn't help the urge to want to clean again. It was my job for about a year. So it was kind of hard to let go just yet.

"Marion are your ready," said Larry.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I responded.

"Then will you help Ahk get out of his sarcophagus."

"Ahk don't you mean ahkmenrah."

"Well ahkmenrah sounded to long. So we shorted it to ahk."

"Why do you still lock the sarcophagus? Wouldn't it be easier to keep it open."

"When it's day time ahk returns to being a corpse. To preserve him it's better to keep it locked."

"Ok. I'll help you then."

I ran quickly to ahk's exhibit before the sun sets but I was too late. So I was nervous about walking in. Ahk's statue jackals are obviously not the welcoming sort. With all the bravery I could mange I walked in. It's ok as long as I don't look them in the eyes right?

I was startled by ahk screaming in his sarcophagus and looked up at the jackals. I tried to run to him but I think they saw me as a threat. So one of them grabs me tightly in their fist.

"I clean the fingerprints off you every day and this is what I get," I said.

It tightened its fist around me. Making me wince in pain. I could barely feel the air in my lungs. With the glare of the statue in front of me I was terrified.