They come alive

After cleaning up for the day I went home and got some school work done. Though I try to go to public school sometimes. Work and rumors prevent me from doing that. I took the ripped up instruction paper and started to try to fix it. Some of these instructions are weird.

#1. Throw the bone

#2. Lock up the lions or they'll eat you,

#3. Double-check your belt. The monkey probably stole your keys.

#4. Tie the horses to the bench

#5. Go inside the temple of Ahkmenrah and muffle the mummy, he scares the others.

#6. Close the dioramas, and pull their latches, over

#7. Open the adjoining gallery to the African mammals. They will break the door when escaping

#8. Duck!!! Be alert for rifle fire.

#9. Beat the war drum. The union and confederate soldiers will not battle if you get the beat right.

#10 Earplugs are stored behind the crustation display case. Get to them before the whale gets to its third chorus of whale song - it will bust your eardrums.

#11. Distract the Neanderthal men once an hour. If they completely sharpen their spears they will hunt you.

#12. Throw the bone again. But of the fossil exhibit.

"This is just confusing," I said.

I went into the kitchen of our apartment to find my mom.

"Mom I need your opinion on this," I said.

"Of course Marian Just let me finish the dishes," she said.

"Sorry Mom but I kind of want it now."

"Okay then what is it."

She put her dishes back down into the sink and looked at me. I sat down in our high chair by the counter. Passing her the only page I could save.

"What do you think this means," I said.

"What is this," she asked.

"It's the instruction manual for the night guard."

"This is for a night guard. I thought this was for d&d. I would never guess this was for an actual night guard."

"That's what I'm thinking Mom. So what could this mean."

"Maybe your museum comes to life."

"That's not a funny joke. I don't understand why you're laughing."

Her laughing face suddenly became saddened. With a hard glare.

"Honey I still don't understand why you don't go to school or that you work so hard when we're perfectly fine," she said.

"I just don't want to be a burden mom," I said sadly.

"My only daughter a burden. Never. You are my blessing in every day. Your father would agree with me too."

I bitterly accepted my mother's words and wondered if I should stay the night. I thought about it for awhile but decided that I would not. I'll see what will happen in the morning.

That's what I thought I was going to do but I kept staying awake. I know about my overthinking but to cause this must insomnia was annoying. Fine I'll go see the museum. I'll say I found his instructions and wanted to give it to him.

I didn't change out of my pajamas and put a warm jacket on. I then quickly hailed a taxi. When I got there it was almost morning. I saw a ragged man covered in something white. He also grunted while he walked. Larry then came out of the museum very quickly making me jump. When the sun rose the man I saw turned into ash. Then it was cleaned up by a truck sweeper.