Chapter 20

The event hall is filled with guests mingling and chatting, the air buzzing with excitement and celebration. Ruhi, standing near the stage, is surrounded by well-wishers and family members, all praising her accomplishments.

Vidya: (smiling proudly) Ruhi, you've made us all so proud And now i can proudly say to the world That I am ruhi's mom.

Dadisa: (beaming) You're a true gem, Ruhi. You've shown that with determination and heart, anything is possible.

Ruhi, overwhelmed with emotion, smiles and hugs each family member. Abhira, standing on the sidelines, watches the scene unfold with growing anger and frustration.

Abhira: (mind voice) How can they all be so blind? They're all acting like Ruhi is some kind of saint. What about me? I'm just as capable, if not more.

Charu: (turning to Abhira) Isn't it wonderful, Abhira Bhabhi ? Ruhi  Bhabhi has achieved so much .

Abhira: (forcing a smile) Yes, wonderful indeed.

As the praises for Ruhi continue, Abhira's anger simmers beneath her calm exterior. She clenches her fists, trying to maintain her composure.

Kaveri: (patting Ruhi on the back) We're so lucky to have you, Ruhi. You've brought so much honor to our family.

Abhira: (mind voice) Lucky to have her? What about me? I'm part of this family too. But no, it's always Ruhi this, Ruhi that.

Ruhi notices Abhira standing alone and approaches her.

Ruhi: (gently) Abhira, thank you for being here.  It means a lot to me.

Abhira: (barely concealing her anger) Of course, Ruhi. It's your big day, after all.

The event continues, with more quests coming up to congratulate Ruhi. Abhira, unable to take it any longer, storms out of the hall.

Armaan: (noticing Abhira leaving) Abhira, wait!

Armaan follows her outside, where Abhira finally lets her anger show.

Abhira: (furious) I can't stand this anymore, Armaan! Everyone is acting like Ruhi is some kind of savior. What about me? What about my accomplishments?

Armaan: (calmly) Abhira, this is Ruhi's moment. She's worked hard for this. We should support her.

Abhira: (scoffing) Support her? It's always about her. When will it be about me?

Armaan: (sighing ) Abhira. this isn't a competition. We're all family. We should be happy for each other's successes.

Abhira, still fuming, turns away, her mind racing with thoughts of how to regain her standing in the family.

Abhira: (mind voice) Fine, Ruhi. Enjoy your moment. But this isn't over. I'll make sure everyone sees what I'm capable of.

*******************************************-

Abhira paces back and forth, her face contorted with anger as she recalls the event where everyone praised Ruhi. The support Ruhi received, especially from Armaan, fuels her determination to tighten her grip on her marriage with him.

Abhira: (to herself, angrily) Everyone is fawning over Ruhi. Even Armaan. I need to do something. The contract ends soon, and I can't let Ruhi take my place. First, I need to secure my relationship with Armaan.

She picks up her phone and makes a call.

Abhira: (on the phone) Hello Yes, I need to see you right away.

*******************************************-

Ruhi sits comfortably on the sofa with her Dida (Manjari) and Dadu (Harshvardhan). The room is cozy, filled with warm lights and family photographs.

Ruhi: Dida, Dadu, can I ask you something?

Dida: Of course, beta. You can ask us anything.

Ruhi: I was wondering, when did you both start living together again? I remember during my childhood, you were living separately.

Dadu: (smiling softly) After Aarohi and Abhimanyu passed away, and you weren't with us, we felt incredibly lonely. There was this emptiness in our lives. We realized that we didn't want to spend our remaining years alone, so we decided to live together again.

Dida: (nodding) Yes, your Dadu and I missed having each other's company. We found solace in being together, supporting each other through those difficult times.

Ruhi: (reflecting) I'm sorry that I wasn't there with you during that time. It must have been really hard for both of you.

Dadu: It was a challenging phase, but we understood that life moves on, and we needed to find happiness again. Being together helped us heal.

Dida: And now, having you here with us brings us so much joy, Ruhi. You've filled our lives with happiness once again.

Ruhi smiles warmly, feeling a deep sense of gratitude for her Dida and Dadu's resilience and love.

Ruhi: I'm glad I could be here with you both. You mean the world to me.

Dida: (teasingly) Oh, don't make us emotional, Ruhi. Now, tell us how things are going in your life.

Ruhi: (eagerly) Well, there's this new project at work that I'm really excited about...

As Ruhi continues to share her life updates with her Dida and Dadu, the room fills with laughter and love, creating cherished memories of togetherness and support.

Dida: (gently) Ruhi, my dear, we know Rohit's absence weighs heavily on your heart. Have you considered finding happiness again

Ruhi: (softly) Dida, I believe Rohit will come back. It's my duty as his wife to wait for him.

Dadu: (nodding thoughtfully) That's a loyal heart you have, Ruhi. But tell us, do you love him?.

Ruhi: (pausing, reflecting) Dida, Dadu. Our marriage was an arranged one, and we began our life together as friends. There was no  Love and all................... it's something that we thought may grows over time.

Dida: (smiling warmly) Yes, dear. Love indeed has its own journey.

Dadu: (supportively) And waiting for Rohit is a testament to your commitment, Ruhi. But remember, happiness can come in unexpected ways.

Ruhi: (nodding gratefully) I understand, Dida, Dadu. I'm grateful for your concern and love. Rohit is my husband , and will wait until he returns,

Dida: (placing a reassuring hand on Ruhi's shoulder) We know, dear. You have a steadfast spirit. Just remember to take care of yourself, too.

Ruhi: (smiling softly) I will, Dida. Thank you, both of you, for always being here for me.

As the evening continues, Ruhi finds solace in the warmth of her Dida and Dadu's support, knowing that their love and understanding will always guide her through life's uncertainties.