Chapter 30

The atmosphere is filled with the vibrant energy of celebration. The Bharat (wedding procession) for Armaan has started, with music playing loudly. Family members are dancing joyfully to the song "Kaala Chashma," their happiness masking the underlying tension. Ruhi, tries her best to appear happy. She dances along with everyone, her eyes frequently darting towards Armaan. Vidya stands to the side, watching with a heavy heart, feeling the weight of Armaan and Ruhi's sadness.

Vidya: (mind voice) I wish things were different. I can see the pain in their eyes, but I feel helpless.

Scene: Center of the Celebration

Armaan is in the midst of the dancing crowd, trying to put on a brave face. Suddenly, Ruhi approaches him, calling out his name. He turns to her, his smile genuine for the first time that day.

Ruhi: Armaan!

The music slows, and everyone around them seems to freeze, giving them a moment of their own. Ruhi starts dancing to "Sajna Ve," her movements graceful and filled with emotion. Armaan watches her, lost in her presence. He imagines them dancing together, their love evident in every step.

Ruhi: (softly, as they dance) I will miss you, Armaan. But I have to go because you're going to be Abhira's.

Armaan is snapped out of his daydream by the sound of everyone around him cheering and dancing. The realization of Ruhi's words hits him hard.

Armaan: (mind voice) I can't let this happen. I can't let her go.

Inside the House - Abhira's Room Abhira is in her bridal attire, admiring herself in the mirror. She smiles, pleased that her plan has worked perfectly.

Abhira: (happily to herself) Finally, everything is falling into place. Armaan will be mine.She hears the distant sound of the celebrations and her smile grows wider, confident that nothing can go wrong now.

Scene: Outside - The Dancing Crowd

Armaan, struggling with his emotions, looks around at the dancing family members. He sees Ruhi trying to blend in, but her sadness is evident to him. He knows he has to make a decision, and soon.

Vidya: (stepping towards Armaan) Armaan, are you okay?

Armaan: (forcing a smile) Yes, Ma. I'm fine.

But Vidya can see through his facade. She places a reassuring hand on his shoulder, hoping he'll find the strength to follow his heart.

Vidya: (softly) Follow your heart, Armaan. Do what feels right.

Armaan nods, his resolve strengthening. He looks at Ruhi one last time, knowing what he must do.

Transition to Abhira's RoomAbhira is still in her room, unaware of the turmoil outside. She continues to prepare herself, her excitement building with each passing moment.

Abhira: (mind voice) Soon, I'll be with Armaan. Nothing can stop us now.

The family and quests gather around the beautifully decorated mandap. The air is filled with anticipation. Abhira makes a grand entrance, dancing gracefully, her happiness evident. Manisha Chachi gets the garlands and hands them to Abhira and Armaan.

Manisha Chachi: Here, take these garlands. It's time to exchange them.

Armaan's mind is elsewhere, filled with thoughts of Ruhi. As Abhira steps forward to place the garland around Armaan's neck, he takes a step back. The garlands fall from his hands, hitting the ground with a soft thud. Everyone is stunned.

Dadisa: (confused) Armaan, what's happening?

Armaan: (hesitant) 1... I'm sorry, Abhira. I can't do this.

Everyone gasps. Ruhi stands there, shocked, unable to believe what's happening.

Abhira: (teary-eyed) What do you mean, Armaan? You can't marry me, but there's something else in your eyes... What is it?

Armaan: (firmly) I love Ruhi.

The revelation sends shockwaves through the gathering. Ruhi's eyes widen in disbelief. Dadisa, furious, steps forward and slaps Armaan across the face.

Dadisa: (angrily) What did you just say?

Armaan: (holding his cheek) I love Ruhi. Marriage without love is a cheat, and I can't cheat you, Abhira. I love Ruhi.

Dadisa slaps him again. Ruhi starts to cry, the weight of the situation crashing down on her.

Dadisa: (furious) Armaan, what are you saying? Abhira is your wife, and you are saying you love Ruhi?

Armaan: (resolutely) Abhira is no longer my wife. Our contract marriage ends today.

Everyone is stunned, including Abhira, who is in tears.

Manisha : (shocked) Contract marriage? What are you talking about?

Armaan: (taking a deep breath) We married because it was Abhira's mother's last wish before she died. It was a contract marriage, and it ends today.

The crowd murmurs, trying to process this revelation.

Dadisa: (angrily) And you kept this away from us?

Armaan: (nodding) Yes, because it was a temporary arrangement. But there's something else you all need to know. I loved Ruhi before she married Rohit. It was me who forced her to marry Rohit because I didn't want to break his heart.

The crowd falls silent, the weight of Armaan's confession settling over them. Ruhi steps forward, tears streaming down her face.

Ruhi: (voice trembling) Armaan, what are you trying to do?

Armaan: (turning to Ruhi) Ruhi, I've loved you all this time and i know u also Love's me. I forced you to marry Rohit because I thought it was the right thing to do. But | can't hide my feelings anymore. I love you, Ruhi.

Ruhi looks at him, her emotions a whirlwind of confusion and heartbreak.

Dadisa: (exasperated) Armaan, you have turned everything upside down. What will we do now?

Armaan: (pleading) Please understand, Dadisa. I can't live a lie anymore. I need to be with Ruhi. She's the one I truly love.

Everyone stands in shock, trying to comprehend the magnitude of Armaan's confession. Abhira, devastated, turns away, tears falling freely.

Abhira: (sobbing) How could you, Armaan? How could you do this to me?

Armaan : I am sorry Abhira

Ruhi, her eyes still moist from tears, walks over to Dadisa, her heart heavy with the weight of Dadisa's disapproval.

Dadisa: (sternly) I always considered you as the beti of this house, Ruhi. I trusted you. But now I hear that you were cheating on Rohit?

Ruhi's eyes widen in shock, her hands trembling slightly.

Ruhi: (softly) Dadisa, it's not...

Dadisa: (interrupting, angrily) Don't try to justify this, Ruhi! You married Rohit and yet you were in love with Armaan all this time? Shame on you!

Armaan, unable to bear the accusation against Ruhi, steps forward.

Armaan: (defiantly) Dadisa, it's not Ruhi's fault. It's mine.

Dadisa: (turning to Armaan) What do you mean, Armaan?

Armaan: (emotionally) I forced Ruhi to marry Rohit because I didn't have the courage to admit my feelings for her. I thought I was doing the right thing by sacrificing our love for the sake of the family's honor and Rohit. But I was wrong. Ruhi has always been truthful and loyal to Rohit . She never cheated anyone.

Ruhi looks at Armaan gratefully, touched by his defense.

Ruhi: (tearfully) Dadisa, I never wanted to hurt anyone. I tried to be the best wife to Rohit that I could be, even though my heart belonged to Armaan. It was a decision I made for everyone's happiness .