Chapter 25

Armaan is standing outside Ruhi's room, his face filled with worry and guilt. He knocks on the door, his voice filled with concern.

Armaan: Ruhi, please open the door. Talk to me.There is no response from inside. Armaan's mind is flooded with thoughts and regrets.

Armaan's Mind Voice: I brought Ruhi into this situation. Everything is because of me.

(Flashback to the day he forced Ruhi to marry Rohit by sacrificing their love.)

Why did I push her away? Why did I think that was the right thing to do?

Suddenly, the door opens. Ruhi steps out, dressed in a plain white saree, her eyes devoid of the sparkle they once held. The sight shocks Armaan, and he takes a step back, accidentally knocking over a flower vase which shatters on the floor.

Armaan: (surprised, stumbling back) Ruhi...

The sound of the vase breaking draws the attention of the family members. They rush towards the noise, and upon seeing Ruhi, their expressions turn to shock and sadness.

Vidya: (gasping) Ruhi, what have you done?

Dadi: (tears welling up) Ruhi, no... this isn’t right.

Ruhi stands still, her eyes downcast, accepting the reality of her situation.

Manjari moves forward, her eyes filled with sorrow..

Manjari: (softly) Ruhi, you don’t have to do this. Not like this.

Ruhi: (calmly, with a hint of determination) I have to, Dida. It’s the truth I must accept. I need to live this reality now.

Armaan steps forward, his eyes pleading with Ruhi.

Armaan: Ruhi, please. Don’t do this to yourself. This isn’t you.

Ruhi: (firmly) Armaan, I have to. This is my life now. I need to face it.

Manish steps forward, his voice filled with regret and sadness.

Manish: Ruhi, we just want what’s best for you. Please, think about this.

Ruhi: (tearfully) I know you all want the best for me. But I need to find my own way to cope, to heal.

Harshvardhan , holding back her own tears, steps towards Ruhi.

Harshvardhan : (softly) Ruhi, we’re all here for you. You don’t have to do this alone.

Ruhi looks at each of them, her family, her support, and takes a deep breath.

Ruhi: (resolved) I appreciate all of you, but this is something I have to do for myself. Please, understand.

The family stands in silence, absorbing the weight of Ruhi’s decision. Armaan’s eyes fill with tears, his heart breaking for Ruhi.

Armaan: (whispering) I’m so sorry, Ruhi. For everything.

Ruhi looks at Armaan, her eyes softening slightly.

Ruhi: (whispering back) I know, Armaan. I know.

The scene fades as Ruhi stands surrounded by her family, each of them trying to come to terms with her decision, the weight of their collective grief heavy in the air.

********************************************

The family is still gathered around Ruhi, trying to process the emotional upheaval. Amidst the crowd, Abhira stands, watching Ruhi’s sorrowful transformation with a mix of hidden satisfaction and strategic planning.