Chapter 29

As Armaan walks away from the rooftop, Abhira stands in shock, her mind racing.

Abhira’s Mind Voice: (determined) Even if you don't love me, Armaan, this marriage will happen. It is very much necessary for me. I cannot let this slip away.

Armaan, unable to handle the frustration, finds a nearby shop and buys a bottle of alcohol. He drinks heavily, trying to numb his emotions. Hours pass, and Abhira finds him sitting on the curb, drunk and distraught. She helps him up and takes him home.

Abhira struggles to bring Armaan inside. Vidya sees them and rushes over, concerned.

Vidya: (worried) Abhira, what happened? Did Armaan consume alcohol?

Abhira: (nodding, tears streaming down her face) Yes, Ma. I don’t know what got into him. He was fine, and then he just... (sobs)

Vidya: (comforting Abhira) It’s okay, dear. We’ll take care of him. Krish, Manoj, help me get him to his room.

Krish and Manoj support Armaan and guide him to his room. They lay him on the bed and leave, closing the door behind them. Vidya stays, worriedly watching over Armaan. Suddenly, Armaan stirs and starts to speak in his drunken state.

Armaan: (murmuring) Ruhi... I love you, Ruhi... past, present, future... you were my angel in darkness...

Vidya’s eyes widen in shock as she hears Armaan’s confession. She leans in closer, trying to understand.

Armaan: (crying, slurring) What have I done to you, Ruhi? Forced you to marry Rohit... to not break his heart... but broke yours... you were loyal... to Rohit and family... no one else could do this... but I gave you only pain... I can't marry Abhira... I don't love her...

Vidya: (softly) Armaan, Abhira is your wife.

Armaan: (angrily) What wife? The contract ends soon... then she’s no more my wife... I can never be Abhira’s Armaan... because I am Ruhi’s...

With that, Armaan collapses onto the bed, unconscious. Vidya is left in stunned silence, processing everything she just heard.

Vidya leaves Armaan’s room, deeply troubled. She leans against the wall, trying to gather her thoughts.

Vidya’s Mind Voice: (thinking) How can this be? Armaan and Ruhi... all this time, and I never knew. What are we going to do?

She walks slowly down the hallway, her mind racing with the implications of Armaan’s words deeply troubled by what she has just overheard. She takes a deep breath, resolves to talk to Ruhi, and heads towards her room. As she reaches Ruhi’s door, she hears Ruhi’s voice from inside and stops to listen.

Ruhi sits on her bed, talking to herself, her voice filled with sorrow and resignation.

Ruhi: (voice trembling) I don't want to make anyone sad. I married Rohit when Armaan forced me. I sacrificed my love for Armaan, but there was a reason. I know the value of family members. Even if that day I did not marry Rohit, maybe someday I would have married Armaan. But he would never be happy with me. Because the family would have not accepted our relationship. He would have been thrown out from the house. Then how could I be happy with him?

Vidya’s eyes widen with shock as she listens to Ruhi’s confession, her heart aching for her

Ruhi: (sobbing) I know I had done wrong to Rohit by marrying him while keeping my love for Armaan. But I didn’t have any other way. I had to marry Rohit. But after the marriage, I made every effort to be his wife in all means. But God was not happy. He took Rohit away from me.