chapter 23

The Poddar mansion is adorned with flowers and lights, echoing with laughter and excitement as preparations for Armaan and Abhira’s engagement are in full swing. Abhira is radiant with joy, her eyes gleaming with satisfaction as her plan seems to be falling into place. However, Armaan’s demeanor is noticeably subdued, his eyes betraying an underlying sadness.

Abhira: (smiling brightly) Isn’t everything just perfect, Armaan? I’m so happy everything is going smoothly.

Armaan: (forces a smile) Yes, Abhira. Everything looks beautiful.

Meanwhile, in a quiet corner of the room, Ruhi stands with a small smile, watching the festivities with mixed emotions

Meanwhile, in a quiet corner of the room, Ruhi stands with a small smile, watching the festivities with mixed emotions. She adjusts her sari nervously, feeling a pang of sadness despite trying to remain composed.

Ruhi’s Thoughts: (reflectively) It’s surreal to see everything unfolding like this. Armaan... he looks so lost. Is he really happy with all of this? And Abhira... she’s so determined. Is this truly what she wants?

As the engagement ceremony begins, Harshvardhan, Manjari, Manish, Swarna, and Surekha from the Birla family arrive, greeted warmly by the Poddars.

Dadisa proudly announces the start of the engagement rituals, commanding everyone’s attention.

Dadisa: (addressing the gathering) Today is a joyous occasion for our family. We are gathered here to celebrate the engagement of Armaan and Abhira. May this union bring prosperity and happiness to our family .

Cheers and applause fill the room as Abhira and Armaan step forward, exchanging rings amidst the blessings and well-wishes of their family members. Ruhi observes silently from the sidelines, her eyes meeting Armaan’s briefly as he slides the ring onto Abhira’s finger.

Armaan’s Thoughts: (inner turmoil) This ring... it should symbolizes a promise that I have to make, but does it truly mean happiness? Ruhi... her eyes hold so much understanding. Does she see how conflicted I am?

Ruhi’s Thoughts: (softly) Armaan... I hope you find the happiness you deserve. Even if it’s not with me, I wish you peace.

Throughout the ceremony, the air is filled with music and laughter, but underneath the festive atmosphere, emotions run deep and tangled. Ruhi and Armaan’s fleeting glances convey unspoken words, a silent exchange of feelings amidst the celebration.

 Ruhi and Armaan’s fleeting glances convey unspoken words, a silent exchange of feelings amidst the celebration