Ch. 79 - The Meeting: Part 2

***

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPLANATIONS SCI." Blue said in the somber atmosphere.

"yeah, uh. no prob," Sci said, shutting down the hologram of colliding AU's and packing up, returning to his seat.

Blue glanced at his phone seeing several missed messages from his brother. He continued to ignore it.

"SO THAT COVERS FATE, THE OVERCROWDING AND A METHOD TO COMBAT IT." Blue summarized. "BEFORE WE MOVE ONTO NEGOTIATION, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE THOSE HERE THE CHANCE TO ADD ANYTHING REGARDING THE SITUATION. EVIDENCE OR STATEMENTS, THAT KIND OF THING. PLEASE FORM AN ORDERLY LINE IN FRONT OF THE MIC STAND."

Blue could see Razz's smug expression as he was first to to stand, vaulting over the table to get to the microphone first.

Razz was not the only one who appeared to have things to add, but the others lined up at a much slower pace. Outer, Classic, Ccino, Life, Chaos, Farm - it was a surprising amount.

Razz smugly pulled out his phone, sending Blue a video. "I HAVE A VIDEO I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE REGARDING NIGHTMARE."

Nightmare expression looked stoic, though his swaying tendrils betrayed his nerves.

Blue nodded at Razz's request, guessing the video. "INK, IF YOU WOULD CREATE A SCREEN TO SHARE THIS VIDEO?"

Ink saluted, getting up and using broomie to create a massive screen behind their table. Fresh whistles - both at the screen size and the creation magic behind it. /summon really was so much easier and much more Fresh's speed.

Dream helped hook up Blue's laptop to the new screen.

The video appeared on the screen. A video call with Dream in Nightmares library taking up the majority of the screen, and a smaller view of Razz leaning in front of Blue in the top corner.

"FOR CONTEXT." Razz said. "THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN MERE HOURS BEFORE THE MEETING. DREAM HAD DECIDED IT A WISE IDEA TO VISIT NIGHTMARES CASTLE, DIRECTLY AFTER THE AMBUSH ON ERROR, UNACCOMPANIED." The sarcasm was clear for those to grasp. "I HAD CALLED TO CHECK IN ON HIS WELL BEING."

Razz nodded to Blue and Blue hit play.

-

"SO YOU'RE JUST GOING TO STOP YOUR PLAN TO GAIN POWER AND TAKE OVER THE MULTIVERSE?" Razz probed. "CONSIDER ME UNBELIEVING."

Dream's face was replaced with Nightmare's angry one - sans the reading glasses - as the camera moved. Nightmare has taken the phone.

"Listen here." Nightmare said in his angry lecture voice. "That was Fate's influence on our actions. We were never meant to win, we were meant to be targets. And even if that were still my goal, I'm smart enough to realize a kingdom of fear is always doomed to failure. A real King serves his people; not the other way around, you sanctimonious boot licker."

Razz's expression twitched at the insult. "WAS IT NOT YOU WHO SAID FATE COULD NOT MAKE YOU DO THINGS YOU WOULDN'T REASONABLY DO?"

"I was seven years old and high off of corrupted emotional magics that were forced on me because of what I am." Nightmare seethed, not just at Razz, but himself. "I had a lot of stupid fucking idea's back then. If she really wanted ... she could have made me do worse."

Nightmare tossed the phone back to Dream.

"I'm going to my office." Nightmare said quietly, drained from the conversation. "Even if I can manage without the truce, it doesn't mean I want to."