Chapter 39

12:45

Madison's POV

After I returned the car and walked Ella to her stop, it really hit me how far she'd be.

I let myself get too close.

I was too close to someone I hated so deeply 3 weeks ago.

Now we're holding hands and dancing together.

The overhead speaker announced her trains entering the stop, something I was dreading. I took a shaky breath as we both stood up.

"So this is it?" Ella said, picking up her things.

"I guess so,"

"I'm gonna miss you like crazy,"

"Me too. But I'll do my schoolwork, and then I'll come straight to you, okay? I promise," I said.

"I know you will,"

"I have a present for you," I said. " I know you said you loved this, so you can have it,"

I took off my hat and put it on her head causing her to smile up at me.

"Why?"

"Why not? It looks better on you anyway. And besides, there are about a million other hats I could get. I have the new Disney one anyway,"

"Thanks. You're the best,"

She pulled me into a hug, and it was just about the saddest hug ever. I held in my tears because I didn't like to let others see me cry.

The hug lasted long, probably shorter then it felt but either way, it was a comfortable hug.

"Alright. I gotta go. Don't wanna miss it," She said.

"Yh message me when you get home,"

"Course,"

"Bye Ella,"

"Bye Madison,"

"I hate you,"

"I hate you too," She laughed.

What I really wanted to say was I love you, but that's gonna have to wait another day.

-------

I reached my house and texted Ella and my parents. While on the bus I called Georgia Stanway. I missed her a lot.

"Alright. I'll call you later. I need to go in," I said once I reached my front door.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later. I miss you," Georgia said.

"Miss you too. Call you later. Bye," I said.

"Bye,"

I hung up and walked into my house.

"MADISON!" My roommate Emily yelled while running over to give me a hug.

"Emily! How are you?" I asked.

"I thought you'd never be back,"

"When did you get back?"

"About a week ago. But you best believe I watched all of your games,"

"So how's it been around here? Too quiet without me?" I asked.

"Very. But I want to hear everything about your time at Lioness camp. Everything," She said sitting down on the sofa.

"Alright," I said sitting next to her.

I started from the very beginning. Having to be roommates with the girl I despised, getting to see Georgia Stanway again, getting to meet Ellen White and Lucy Bronze and everyone else. I told her about the dinner, about the pool day. Then I told her about the dinner in assigned seats and how Alessia Russo and I had become close friends. I told her about how I ended up kissing Alessia to prove I was gay, which Emily didn't know but guessed. I also mentioned Ella having to look after us while we were drunk. I told her about the feeling before my first game and how I felt stepping onto the pitch. I told her about movie night and how me and Ella had a fight. I also told her how when I went to go find Ella so we could talk we did a lot more than just talk.

"Madison this escalated very quickly. I'm so invested. This is the best story ever,"

"But there's more,"

So I told her about how Georgia Stanway found out. And how others found out. I then talked about going home and Hannah and everything.

Then I came to that night.

She didn't ask me a million questions, which is appreciated.

The next thing I told her was about the medal ceremony and my new tattoos and then going to Disney.

It took a while to explain everything.

"I wish I never stopped playing. I could have these fun stories to tell people too," Emily said with a sigh.

"By the way, no one expects the people I mentioned to know about me and Ella. So please I beg you don't tell anyone. But the rest of the stories go ahead."

"Of course. You wanna go get something to eat?" She asked.

"Yeah, why not?"

"A BBQ Takeout?"

"Yes please,"