37 | out of our minds

Friday 8th December 2023

10:20 pm

The party being held in the Slytherin common room met all my expectations. The same scene occurring every time a party gets thrown in here: people getting absolutely rinsed, multiple couples making out in various places, and a group of people smoking muggle herbs. I didn't mind though. Everyone has the best night when it's the Slytherins who are throwing the party.

Pans, Tori and I make our way over to get some drinks, and without ourselves even realising it, hours have gone by, and we're drunk out of our minds, dancing away to the blasting music still. I'll forget everything that happens tonight and will deal with the hangover when it comes to it. A problem for another day.

Throughout all this, Rio has practically stuck to me like glue. He'd been dancing and drinking with me the entire time and I didn't complain. He's kinda fun to be around now that I think about it. I mean, he did make me belly laugh multiple times. I decide to ignore whatever mission was set for me and just enjoy the moment.

"You ladies look like you're having fun." A voice shouts at us over the music, and I notice its Theo, along with Enzo who decided to approach us.

"What took you so long to come over?" Astoria asks, making myself and Pansy giggle as we watch Astoria and Enzo practically eye fucking each other.

"Uhm, well we had something to be dealt with." Enzo tells us, the two of them giving a subtle, quick glance over to the couch by the firepit, where I realise Mattheo is sat. Given the expression on his face, and the nearly empty alcohol bottle, he looks absolutely gone. His eyes have no light in them, not a single ounce of consciousness or joy.

"Oh fuck, what happened to him?" Pansy scoffs, and Enzo presses his lips shut.

"Nothing much, he's fine." Theo answers quite quickly and awkwardly, automatically making it obvious that he was lying.

My mind begins to fill with worry for Mattheo, wondering if he's okay... By the looks of it, I reckon I'm partially - well wholely - to blame for his current state. It was only a day ago when I immediately sprinted away from him when he pulled me into that classroom. I was in agonising pain caused by parents, left with a scar on my thigh that haunts me to this very moment.

I want to scream at myself for recalling all of this when tonight was supposed to be forgetting about all that shit, my parents, the mission and Mattheo. But as soon as my eyes meet his, reality just slaps me straight in the face almost instantly.

"He looks half dead." Rio deadpans, making Pansy and Astoria let out a giggle before slapping their mouths shut, noticing that Theo and Enzo don't look best pleased.

"Watch your mouth greenie." Theo spits.

Rio looks at me confused and I tiptoe to say into his ear, "Its a reference from the movie Maze Runner, it means you're the newcomer."

"Ah, I see. Interesting." Rio states and I giggle.

"Where's Draco at by the way?" Pansy suddenly asks and I raise my brow at her and she shrugs, as if to say 'what'.

"I can't lie, I have no idea." Enzo responds.

"I think he's gone home or something. Maybe his dad called him." Theo adds.

"You want another drink?" Rio asks and I nod with a smile.

"Yes please." As he goes to get one, I take a glance at Riddle and he's glaring right at me, and then his eyes follow Rio. "Fuck, Rio wait I'll come with you."

I follow Rio to the table where the drinks are at and sit at a stool with him. I take a deep breath and Rio pours me a drink. I take a sip and almost spit it out.

"This is not alcohol." My face scrunches.

"It isn't indeed darling." He laughs and shows me the bottle. "It's water. You need to sober up a little."

"Why's that?"

"I mean..." I notice a smirk forming on Rio's face as he leans in closer to me. I look at him confused. "Didn't you see how you were dancing on me for the past hour?"

My mouth parts open a little in shock as Rio pulls away, an expression of shock plastered on my face. I slap his arm. "Listen, that wasn't intentional don't take it the wrong way."

"No one was telling you to stop at the time." He shrugs and I swat his arm again.

"I'm telling her to stop." A sudden deep, raspy voice says, approaching us and I notice it's Riddle. His eyes look heavy, and his brown curls are a mess. His black button up shirt is partially open, and his tongue rolls across the inside of his cheek as he looks down at the both of us, towering over.

Rio looks over at me, his eyebrows raised with a mischievous look, as if to say 'our plan is working'. I never would've thought that making Mattheo jealous would be this easy... I was hoping it wouldn't be, because I never wanted this plan to work. I never wanted this mission to go ahead... but what do I even do in this situation, but let time decide my fate?

***

Saturday 9th December 2023

1:43 am

Rio had tried to stop him, but it didn't take much force for Mattheo to drag me out of the common room by the wrist, leaving the party and letting the cold air of the castle hit my bare skin. My mini dress barely covered my legs, only enough to conceal the scar that my parents had left me a couple of days ago.

I didn't even question or fight back with the guy, who seemed to be a lot more out of it than I was as he dragged me up the stair case to the Astronomy Tower.

Merlin knows what he has planned for me here, but I guess we'll see what side of him he'll show to me today.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

author's note

my motivation to write is slowly returning guys🥳 hope you liked this chapter, more to come soon🤞🏽