38 | flicker

Saturday 9th December 2023

1:55 am

We stopped in the middle of the room, our eyes locked on each other's before I break the contact, glancing down at his hand gripped onto my wrist. He swiftly releases me from his grasp and simply stands there, towering over me with his hands in his pockets.

He takes a step forward, and then to my surprise another, making me stumble backwards until my back collides with the wall behind me. He closes the space between us until our bodies are only centimetres apart. My breathing is uncontrollable in this moment, as my eyes flicker from his sleepy eyes that makes my stomach flip.

He raises his hand and cups my cheek, his fingers running through my hair, and his thumb stroking the skin on my face. His other hand is taken out of his pocket too this time, and I watch as he tilts his head slightly, before he grips my waist and pulls it closer to him... allowing me to feel everything.

I swallow and dare to even speak a word, knowing that if I make the first move, the consequences won't be in my favour. We all know what happened last time.

I glance down at my leg, letting a small sigh of relief out as I appreciate the fact that my scar is still covered.

I hear Mattheo take a deep breath when suddenly he drops his head onto my shoulder, burrowing his face in the crook of my neck. My eyes widen at his unexpected act, as I process what he's doing right now.

I feel his hot breath fan against the skin of my neck, and following on from that, he plants a soft kiss in that same spot. And then another, and another. My breathing begins to grow heavier, and I grip onto his soft curls at the back of his head, not knowing whether to let him continue or push him away.

It was a decision I had to make, and deal with either of the two consequences that would follow.

His left hand runs up my leg, my mini dress sliding up a little as his hands glide across my bare skin, my heart pounding out of my chest. My thoughts aren't clear, mainly due to the fact that I had been drinking all night, but also due to the fact that he's turning me on so much right now.

Suddenly, I feel a sting and he stops, and my eyes widen and I push him off of me before he can even look down at my uncovered leg.

Fuck, the scar.

"Jaya." Is all he says with his husky voice.

A tear begins to roll down my cheeks as I realise that I'm about to run off again without telling him anything. I'm going to lie to him again. I'm going to continue hiding things from him, and I'm never going to get the chance to be with him again.

When will this turmoil end? When will I get the chance to breathe, to even have free will?

I'm really truly sorry Mattheo, you are my everything. And that's exactly why I have to save you.

I push past him, running out of the tower, down the stair case to get as far as possible from him. My mind flooding with thoughts, and my leg stinging a little. I guess my parents are happy I didn't speak to him up in there.

Since they're watching me.

***

2:12pm

Mattheo's POV

Draco isn't back yet, and it's worrying me sick

Draco isn't back yet, and it's worrying me sick. I can't even send him an owl because it's too dangerous, and he won't even reply to my messages. However, he's not the only one who hasn't been replying to my texts.

Jaya❤️

Jaya please just talk to me we can
sort things out
Did I do something wrong?
Istg if that Rio guy puts his hands on you
Jaya, whatever I've done I'm sorry
Delivered

I get dragged into Potions class by the Professor who caught me lurking in the corridor. It was ridiculous that I had to attend a class on a Saturday, but apparently it was because our class was ridiculously behaved during our last one earlier this week, so to punish us, we've been forced to attend lesson on a Saturday afternoon. My fucking luck.

I had been procrastinating to go in knowing that I'd have to see her, hence the loitering in the corridors.

This morning was a nightmare, my head was absolutely gone and I still haven't recovered from my migraine. I know I did this to myself for drinking so much last night but it had to be done.

Half of my memory is a blur and half of it is crystal clear. All I know is that that Ryan guy needs to be fucking dealt with.

I enter the class with a sigh and most students turn to watch me enter with the Professor. Theo and Enzo, sat together, giggle at me as I arrive but my eyes immediately gravitate towards the girl sat at the back of the classroom, her soft silky hair tucked behind one ear, and her sparkling eyes looking up from her notebook towards me. Her brows furrow a little and she shifts in her seat before quickly looking back down at her paper.

I hear Theo and Enzo groan when they notice I sit beside Jaya instead of the two of them, but they'll understand. It was only when I sat down that to the right of Jaya sat that Ronald new guy.

"Fucks sake." I mutter to myself and the Professor begins her lesson. I knock my knee into Jaya's on purpose and she pulls her leg away from mine, crossing it over the other. I sigh and continue to zone out through the rest of the professor's waffle, until I hear something that's strikes my interest.

"You'll be working in groups. Please work with the people sat on your row, no changes, no negotiations. I want this assignment done by Monday." She explains are we're given 2 minutes to discuss before we leave.

I take a look at my row and realise it's just the 3 of us. I lean back in my seat and manspread a little, knowing that Jaya goes crazy in her mind whenever I do that. I guess it turns her on or something.

"So, Jaya, Mattheo." Robert states.

"You'll address me as Riddle thanks." I reply and I swear I see him roll his eyes. "What the fuc-"

"Just stop." Jaya interrupts the both of us. "Uh, Professor?" She calls out, clearing her throat. "Please can I switch groups?"

What?

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

author's note

2 chapters in 1 day? whatttt🗣️

rate mattheo /10 ➡️