35

We arrived in the classroom. I am so nervous right now. The students welcomed Jun, but they didn't acknowledge my presence. I saw girls staring at me since I was with Jun. They started whispering, and it's probably about me. I don't know why they hate me already. I haven't even introduced myself yet.

"Go back to your seats, everyone. You have a new classmate," the lecturer announced.

The lecturer didn't even bother me to introduce myself to everyone and started discussing. I sighed. This will take a lot of patience.

"Did you just sighed at me, young girl?" I arched up my brow. The lecturer halted her writing and questioned me.

"Yes, I did ma'am. I sighed not because of you but because of my personal frustrations," I answered, contemplating whether the words that I used were polite enough.

"You talk too much." the lecturer stated.

The lecturer resumed the class until it was recess time. Some girls were nice and greeted me. See? Those people that I've encountered earlier were just having a bad day. Rudeness always has a valid purpose.

"Let's go, Jennie," Jun uttered. I nodded and followed him since he was the only one whom I'm familiar with, at least.

"I'll introduce you to some of my friends," he joyously announced. Friends? Is his friends just like Sierra? I hope not. He glanced at me when I didn't answer, so I just nodded. He smiled at me sweetly as we proceeded to walk towards the cafeteria.

"Shut up! I don't need your opinion, okay?" a guy who's probably younger than me uttered.

"Shut up! I don't need your opinion, okay?" The guy beside him mimicked him.

"Shut up, both of you. It's noisy, " the 3rd guy, who is sited on the other chair, complained.

"Hi everyone! This is Jennie, my classmate and new friend," Jun announced, causing the 3 dudes to look at us.

I smiled awkwardly. It didn't take long for them to introduce themselves to me.

"Hello! I'm Seungkwan Boo. I'm on 7th grade. Nice to meet you, Miss Jennie," Seungkwan, the guy who uttered that he doesn't need the second dudes opinion, introduced himself to me politely.

"Pleasure to meet you, miss Jennie. It's Hoshi Kwon. We're on the same grade, but I'm on the other section," Hoshi, the 2nd guy who mimicked Seungkwan earlier, introduced.

"I'm Woozi. We're classmates, but I didn't attend first period. Pleasure to meet you, Jennie," the mature 3rd guy Woozi explained.

They let me sit in to their table. Jun asked if I wanted to eat anything, but I just shook my head. I wasn't in the mood to eat something. But Jun insisted that I should eat since I'm skinny, so he brought me snacks.

Jun really is nice.

"Sorry for being late. The lecturer was really annoying. She wouldn't let us go since most of the class didn't attend this morning," a girl who I think is younger than me apologized.

She placed her bag on the table and was shocked to see me sitting in there. She looked at me and the boys. She's asking them who I was through her eyes.

"I'm Jennie Kim. I'm new here. I'm on 9th grade. Nice to meet you..." I uttered her unsaid question.

"I'm Mina. I'm on 8th grade. I'm a year younger than you, I guess? But nice to meet you! I finally have a girl friend," she excitedly explained.

Jun arrived, and we started eating our snacks. The 4 of them were trying to make small talks in order to get to know me more.

"When is your birthday?" Seungkwan curiously asked.

"January 16 1996," I answered.

Seungkwan's eyes widen. He dramatically gasped and covered his mouth. "We're both born on the same day!" he said. I was shocked at his announcement but later recovered quickly.

"Then you're the oldest among us then," Woozi uttered.

We talked about things until the bell rang. We went to our respective classrooms. I saw Sierra's eyes dart at us, throwing me a murder like look. Jealousy can be seen from her. Is she jealous that I'm with her best friend?

"Jun. Why didn't you invite Sierra at recess time?" I curiously asked.

"She doesn't like the food here in school. She said it's cheap and disgusting. The food isn't that bad, though," Jun explained.

"Sierra Feng thinks that she's the queen of this school. Her father is a stockholder of this school. That's why she's acting like a brat," Woozi explained further.

I nodded it and became like that for 2 weeks. Seungkwan, Hoshi, Woozi, Mina, and Jun were now my friends. We eat lunch and snacks together. That became our routine.

"Hi!" A girl shorter than me greeted.

"Hello..." I greeted back.

"I'm Jaeden Kang. Want to be friends?" she proposed.

I nodded. After 2 weeks of staying here, the rudeness of some people here started fading out. Me and Jaeden entered the classroom. Woozi is absent again while Jun is also absent since he wasn't feeling well.

"Hello! I'm Layla Song. Hope we could be friends," a girl greeted me. I nodded. Why are they so nice to me all of a sudden? Perhaps it's because they realize that being rude wouldn't gain anything?

My new friends came with me during recess time. They were unexpectedly nice to me for some reason. Mina, Seungkwan, and Hoshi weren't in the cafeteria yet. Break time was almost over. That's when Mina was able to get here.

"Sorry. I'm late again. It's still the same reason. Seungkwan couldn't be here since their class is having a quiz while Hoshi didn't come to class," she whispered. Mina was well aware of whom I'm with. She arched a brow to the girls. The girls looked at Mina in disgust.

"You shouldn't trust them that much, Jennie. They're Sierra's people," she secretly warned.

I smiled at Mina and told her that she's just being paranoid. She just shrugged and went back to her classroom.