Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I gulped, my heart beating in my throat.

Blade chuckled, lifting his head back up, his purple irises dancing, “Do I make you nervous Cara?”

“N-no…” I answered half heartedly.

He lowered his head down to my neck and planted a short butterfly kiss there too- I gasped, shivering.

“Obviously I do,” he said quietly. I didn’t bother denying it.

He smiled against my skin at my unspoken acceptance, and abruptly lifted himself up off of me. I frowned unconsciously, not liking that we weren’t close. It was an odd thing to think.

He held out his hand out to me, and I took it automatically and he pulled me up.

“Why don’t you go have a shower?” I’ll have mine in the guest bedroom, alright?” Blade suggested joyful.

I agreed more than happy- I wanted to be as clean and good smelling as possible.

I took my time in the shower, remembering to thank Saph for packing my strawberry scented shampoo and conditioner. Then I quickly dressed myself in the shower and headed back out to the dressing room.

Blade was looking at something on his finger with an amused expression on his face, his eyes met mine when I came out, and a playful smirk was set on his face.

“So this is what you meant by inappropriate clothing,” he stated, eyes twinkling.

I blushed crimson, but I kept my tone indifferent, “You shouldn’t have been looking through my rucksack.”

His smirk widened, “I didn’t look through anything darling, you left it on top of your bag, almost as if you wanted me to find it.”

I gaped at him, crap, “I did not!”

His smirk immediately faltered, and he started laughing, “I’m so sorry,” he threw it at me, “you should see the expression on your face- Kodak moment right there.”

I cheeks burned hotter, and I stuffed the thong in my pocket, I was about to reply when my phone started ringing.

“I bet that’s you’re boyfriend, he’s already left like sixteen messages and there’s been about thirty missed calls,” Blade said, trying to be nonchalant.

“Fuckin’ stalker,” he added under his breath, I still heard though, I smiled slightly.

I looked at the caller ID to see that Blade was right, I rolled my eyes and cut the call.

“Yeah, that was him,” I said not amused, I added before sitting down on the now made bed, “he’s not my boyfriend anymore by the way.”

Blade scrunched his eyebrows together, confused, “You were together yesterday.”

He came and sat next to me on the bed.

“I know. We broke up this morning over the phone while you were busy moaning Jake’s name in your sleep,”

Blade’s eyes widened, and I kept my face straight, but a small smirk snuck onto my face, “There’s no way in hell I would have done that. I know exactly what I dreamt of and that was not it- and stop changing the subject! Tell me what happened, Aphrodite.”

I raised my eyebrows, “You don’t have to deny it Blade. I know how hard it must be to come out, but it’s alright. I’ll gladly help you get a place in Jake’s heart and I’m sure he’ll be more than willing to have a place in your as-”