TEN

Doha, Qatar

Spring had arrived, bringing with it a sense of renewal and anticipation. Ahmed and I had been married for over a year now, and our lives had settled into a beautiful rhythm. Our community project, the Nour Foundation, continued to thrive, and we were grateful for the support and impact it had on the lives of children.

One morning, as I sipped my tea and looked out at the blooming garden from our balcony, Ahmed joined me with a smile.

"Good morning, Habibty," he greeted me, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning, Ruhi," I replied, returning his smile. "It's such a beautiful day."

"It is indeed. How are you feeling today?" he asked, his eyes filled with warmth and concern.

"I'm feeling great. Just reflecting on everything we've accomplished together," I said, feeling a surge of pride.

Ahmad wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. "I'm proud of you, Hidaya. You've brought so much light into our lives and the lives of others."

••••

Reflecting on our journey together filled me with gratitude. Hidaya had been my pillar of strength and inspiration, guiding me with her wisdom and compassion. As we stood on the balcony, I couldn't help but marvel at how far we had come since our wedding day.

"Habibty, I've been thinking," I began, looking into her eyes. "Maybe it's time for us to start planning for a family."

Her eyes widened in surprise, and a smile spread across her face. "Ahmad, that's wonderful. I've been hoping you'd say that," she said softly.

We talked about our hopes and dreams for the future, imagining what it would be like to welcome a child into our home. The thought filled me with excitement and a sense of responsibility.

••••

In the weeks that followed, Ahmad and I immersed ourselves in preparations for starting a family. We visited doctors, made lifestyle adjustments, and prayed earnestly for Allah's blessings. Each step brought us closer together, reinforcing our commitment and love.

One evening, as we sat in our cozy living room, Ahmad held my hand gently.

"Hidaya, I know this journey might have its challenges, but I believe in us. Together, we can face anything," he said, his voice filled with determination.

"I believe in us too, Ahmad. I love you so much, and I know that whatever happens, it will be by Allah's will," I replied, feeling a sense of peace.

We leaned into each other, finding comfort in our shared faith and love. Our hearts were open to whatever Allah had planned for us, trusting in His wisdom and guidance.

••••

Months passed, and we continued to hope and pray for a child. The waiting was filled with moments of anticipation and reflection. Our bond grew stronger as we supported each other through this journey, finding solace in our faith and the love that surrounded us.

One day, as I returned from work, Hidaya greeted me with a radiant smile. She held out a small box in her hands.

"Ahmad, look," she said, her voice trembling with emotion.

I opened the box and saw a positive pregnancy test. Tears welled up in my eyes as I held Hidaya close.

"Alhamdulillah, Hidaya. Alhamdulillah," I whispered, overwhelmed with gratitude and joy.

••••

The news of our pregnancy spread joy throughout our families and friends. We were filled with gratitude for Allah's blessings and the love and support of everyone around us.

As the months went by, I cherished every moment of carrying our child. Ahmad was a loving and attentive husband, always there to support me and share in the excitement of becoming parents.

One evening, as we prepared the nursery together, Ahmad looked at me with awe.

"Hidaya, imagine holding our baby in our arms," he said, his voice filled with wonder.

"I can't wait, Ruhi. Our journey to parenthood has been a beautiful blessing," I replied, smiling at him.

We painted the walls with soft colors, assembled the crib, and filled the room with love and anticipation. Every detail was a reflection of our hopes and dreams for our growing family.

••••

The day our baby arrived was the most incredible moment of our lives. Hidaya showed incredible strength and courage throughout labor, and when I held our daughter in my arms for the first time, my heart swelled with love and gratitude.

"Welcome to the world, little one," I whispered, tears of joy streaming down my cheeks.

Hidaya smiled tiredly, her eyes filled with love as she watched us. Our daughter was a precious gift from Allah, a symbol of our love and faith.

As we held her close, surrounded by our families, I knew that our journey together had led us to this beautiful new beginning. With Allah's blessings, our family would continue to grow in love, faith, and happiness.