11 - Off Limits...?

**STEVE POV**

We had a lull in cases, so I was sitting in my office going over some old case files making sure they were all filled out and everything was finished.

Soon my mind was wandering to this morning, at the house with Cali. Did I know she was awake, standing at the back door when I got out of the water, of course I did. Was I going to put on a shirt on, nope, not if she was watching, which she was.

She knows how to play the game though and she certainly isn't fair. Her doing yoga outside in the backyard was enough to cause me to have a heart attack. She was bending and stretching in ways that made my mind think about how flexible she could be in the bedroom.

I had never even thought about Cali in this way until recently. Yes, she is beautiful and amazing and incredibly sexy. She doesn't know it though. The problem is she is Mary's friend. I offered my place to her and now here we were 2 single people living together and being off limits to each other.

Was she really off limits though? I mean no one ever said and I wasn't sure what the "rules" were in this situation. I just assumed by being Mary's friend she would be off limits. But I mean if I had an attraction to someone shouldn't I be allowed to act on it? What if I did act on it and it didn't go well, or we broke up and we are still living together? That would be bad...

"Hey! You okay?" Kono asked me peeking in my office.

"Yeah, just thinking." I said and she gave a small smile.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that we got an ID on the guy you and Danny chased this morning." Kono said and I stood up and headed out to the board to get his info, Danny was already there.

"You, okay?" Danny asked and I groaned with a nod.

"Everyone is asking me if I'm okay, I'm okay. Why is everyone asking me?" I asked and everyone looked at each other.

"Maybe because you have this hazed looked to your face and we are all wondering what is going on." Chin said. I just sighed and shook my head.

"Can we focus on the case please?" I asked changing the subject. They all just sighed but nodded.

I walked in the door that night after getting off

I walked in the door that night after getting off. Cali had texted and said she ordered pizza, so I picked up a burger on the way home. I opened the door, and all the lights were off but the tv was on.

"Hey." I said as Cali turned on the lamp by her and that's when I really saw her. She was in a baggy t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. She had no make up on and messy bun in her hair.

The thing was her even looking like this, being comfortable and just watching a movie. I found her extremely attractive this way too. Any way she was I found attractive. I wanted to act on this, I wanted to ask her out, but I wouldn't cross that the. The line would never be crossed. I would just suffer in silence and just deal with it.

"Hey." Cali said smiling seeing me. I saw the movie she was watching.

"The Notebook really?" I huffed a laugh and she nodded.

"It's romantic! Sometimes women want romance in their lives." Cali said and got comfortable on the couch again. I went upstairs to put my gun away and everything. I came back down in some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"So, the movie is none negotiable?" I asked and Cali nodded her head.

"Not changing the movie, Steve." Cali said with a smirk. I sat down on the couch after I lifted her legs and then sat down putting her legs in my lap. I smiled at her and she smiled back. This was nice and comfortable.

We both made it through the whole movie.

"Admit it, it's not that bad..." Cali said.

"I guess it's who you watch it with that makes the experience. It wasn't too bad this time." I admitted.

"Why? You watch it with Danny last time?" Cali asked and I laughed.

"No just someone I used to know." I said.

Cali just looked at me like she could tell who I watched it with last. It was an ex that I tried not to think about anymore.

I turned on the tv and we were just watching some show, something we were both enjoying. Once it was over I looked over to Cali fast asleep with her head on a pillow on the back of the couch.

I got up easily moving her legs from my lap and went to cover her up. I then groaned knowing the couch wasn't very comfortable. I easily wrapped her arms around my neck and picked up her legs. She weighed almost next to nothing and as I was getting ready to move, she snuggled closer to me and moaned slightly.

I steadied my breathing and headed upstairs walking into her room and laying her in the bed. I then grabbed her blankets and covered her up.

"Good night, Cali." I whispered and then went to walk out of the room. I stopped at the doorway and looked back at the girl sleeping in bed. It's not a good idea and I know that, but damn if I didn't want to ask her out on a date.

 It's not a good idea and I know that, but damn if I didn't want to ask her out on a date

The sun was coming through the window the next morning. I stretched as someone stirred in bed beside me and I smiled knowing who it was. I rolled over and she backed up to me. I kissed the back of her neck and her shoulder. She moaned when my lips touched her sun-drenched skin. I kept kissing her shoulder, and the side of her neck she moved and gave me access to.

"Steve..." she whispered as she rolled over and I saw Cali's sleepy eyes looking at me as she gave a small smile.

"Good morning." I said, leaning down and placing a kiss on her lips. Once we broke apart, I put my hand on her protruding stomach. I leaned down and kissed her belly. "And good morning to you little one." I said.

I sat straight up in bed, heavy breathing. It was still dark outside, I looked beside me in bed, and it was empty. I ran a hand over my face and tried to calm my beating heart.

Cali in my bed. Pregnant with my kid and the wedding band on my finger was very noticeable in my dream. I just sat there for a few minutes catching my breath. What was I supposed to do to not think about this whenever I was around her...how was I going to get past this?