12 - Talking Things Out

**CALI POV**

A few days after Steve and I watched The Notebook together he had been a little distant. He would leave for work before I was fully out of bed or even in the shower. I knew he carried me to bed that night but it wasn't anything I thought that was too crazy. I mean he wanted to make sure I was comfortable.

I was getting ready to clock out at work when my cellphone went off.

Steve: We are all meeting at Kamekona's for dinner, you want to join us?

I smiled, he was actually speaking with me, I was shocked.

Cali: Yeah, on my way. I'll bring my car.

I got out to the parking lot and something seemed off. I looked around because I felt eyes on me but I didn't see anyone.

"Doesn't look like you're going anywhere Cali." Marissa, a co-worker said and pointed at my back tire on my passenger side. I walked around my car and saw the flat tire.

"Shit..." I grumbled. I reached into my bag I took to work and took my heels off and put on my flip flops.

"You need a ride somewhere?" Marissa asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'm just heading like a block or so away. Thanks though." I said and started walking toward where I knew the food truck was always parked. As I reached the table where the whole Five-0 team was I sat down and sighed.

"Where's the car?" Steve asked.

"Back at work. My back tire was flat." I said and he sighed.

"We will go fix it when we're done here." Steve said and I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled.

Kamekona came walking over with plates full of food and he saw me.

"SISTA! It's been forever!" He exclaimed.

"I know, sorry, been staying at the hotel and eating." I said and he shook his head.

"Start coming back and I give you lunchtime special." Kamekona said and I nodded.

"I'll do my best." I said and he smiled walking away. My cellphone went off in my pocket before I could start eating. The text caused me to smile.

"Who is that making you smile like that?" Kono asked and I laughed.

"Oh, nothing like that. It's Rachel, we're going to go shopping this weekend." I said and then Danny stopped eating and looked at me.

"Rachel? My Rachel? My ex-wife Rachel?" Danny asked.

"Yes, your ex-wife Rachel."

"When did you two meet?" Steve asked.

"She came to work a few days ago. She wanted to meet the person who was watching Grace sometimes and we hit it off. We said we would make plans. Well, she needs to go shopping this weekend and wanted to know if I wanted to join." I said and Steve half nodded.

"Nice, you'll have a good time. Rachel is really nice." Steve said. Danny looked at both of us.

"Were you ever going to tell me you met my ex-wife?" Danny asked feeling like I went behind his back.

"I didn't know I had to honestly and I thought she might have mentioned it to you. She said since I watch Grace sometimes, she wanted to meet me. We met at work one day and got a coffee on my break." I said.

"Come on Danny, it's fine. Cali and Rachel are just going shopping..." Steve said, and I smiled with a nod.

"I thought I would have been told."