𝟎𝟐: 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐬

On their way to Yale, they had to do a detour so Thea can drop her two cats, River and Phoenix, off at the apartment that Francine and Straub had bought that was close by to Yale, so The can visit them whenever she wanted.

Todd's mother, Elowen, knew some guys that were willing to help Thea and her friends move their stuff into their new dorms.

Elowen led the "movers" – movers in quotation marks because the movers were actually professional burglars – through the school, while an older man named Ross, ordered his buddies around using words that Thea understood, just not in the order that Ross was using.

The guys that Elowen had "hired" – hired in quotation marks too because these twelve guys owed Elowen a favor so they were doing it for free – were efficient.

There were a few parents that turned to look at Elowen. One married couple were walking together with their daughter when the father turned to look over his shoulder at Elowen while his wife looked at him in shock.

"Holy shit, that's the leader of the Bombshell Bank Bandits," the man said in shock.

Thea tried to ignore the looks that Elowen was getting.

The two guys that were helping Thea unpack her dorm room in Vanderbilt Hall were terrifyingly efficient when they helped set up the sofa and cramming the two beds together, before dropping the queen-sized mattress onto the beds. It was like the two of them alone took one trip to unload all the boxes but that couldn't be right, because they had let Thea take off to the tour that was at twelve, although Thea was pretty sure that she spotted one of the burglars swiping a gold charm bracelet that was laying on a fireplace.

Some guy named Logan Huntzberger, Thea felt awkward when he said, "You look different when you're not in a wheelchair," because Thea had a flashback to that car accident a couple of years back. When Thea asked, "What are you doing here?" Logan had replied that he promised Thea's grandparents that he was going to give her a tour of Yale.

So, Logan was giving Thea and her friends a tour although there were a few others that got tagged onto the tour as well. While Thea and her friends walked together, it felt like some of the freshman girls were giggling over Logan.

"I swear, my roommate is a pothead," Aiden told his friends.

"I'll have you know, I never smoked pot in my life," Todd replied, offended at the thought.

"My roommate, Anthony, told me he did pot, acid, then PCP, before getting addicted to heroin," Sage told them while Logan droned on about street parking. "He said he had been addicted to heroin for five years and only stopped because he got arrested for drug possession but it was because he found his housemate, Matt, decapitated. Apparently Matt's ex-girlfriend beheaded the guy because he dumped her because he decided to get clean from meth."

"Yeah, that's a nightmare," Liberty said, horrified at the thought.

Todd asked Sage, "How old is your roommate?"

"Twenty-six." Sage explained, "So Anthony was in jail for like two years before getting out last year and he struck a deal with his parents that he'll graduate college to try and get his life back on track. He did have an office job before Matt got murdered."

They passed by another tour group that it looked like Rory was on. It felt like the girls that were in that group looked at Logan as they passed by.

A woman was saying, "Just keep in mind, guys, the dining hall hours are cast in stone – you snooze, you lose. And it's a post-9/11 world, so your ID's are important. You'll be asked for it a lot, so always have it, always, always. It also operates the laundry machines and is also your meal card. That's right, it's practically magic, so don't lose it."