𝟎𝟖: 𝐌𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

A/N: Apologies for the short chapter. I just didn't care to much for the episode.

Thea really didn't want to go to a Friday Night Dinner, but since Rory was taking Anthony with her to meet Rory's grandparents, Thea was dragging Sage and Aiden with her

Emily and Richard had been surprised at the sight of Thea's new dyed hair, but they were glad to see Sage and Aiden.

Their surprise had nothing on the surprise Anthony had, because somehow the dyed hair escaped his notice.

So, Anthony had gone into the dorm, saw some girl making out with Sage, with her on top, and kind of yelled, "Sage, what the hell are you doing?"

Thea had looked at Anthony, a bit confused, and Anthony had apologized, because he thought Sage was cheating, due to the different hair.

He had been embarrassed about the situation. He apologized profusely for thinking that Sage was a cheater. Most of the apologies had been directed at Sage for that.

Sage was, surprisingly, okay with it. He was glad that Anthony had been worried about Thea though.

Emily passed out drinks, "Do you want wine Anthony?"

"Ah, no, I don't drink alcohol. And even if I did, I'd rather not drive back to New Haven," Anthony replied. "Water is fine."

"Well, that's very responsible of you," Lorelai replied.

"Yeah, well, I was in a car accident that killed four people when I was seventeen," Anthony said. "I mean, I didn't drive, but I was dumb enough to get in the car with the guy who was clearly wasted and shouldn't have been driving. There were four others in the backseat, when there really should've been three. All I remember thinking was 'are those headlights getting closer?' And then waking up on the ground and noticing a bone in my arm sticking out and then going 'huh, that's not good.' and then I turned and saw one of my friends lying there, and thinking 'that's really not good'. She lived and was just paralyzed from the waist down."

"That explains a lot," Thea pointed out.

All she knew was that Anthony said his parents found weed in his room, which was probably what he was using to cope with and then his parents threw him out. Yeah, throw out their car crash surviving son out of the house.

Add the trauma of the car accident, getting disowned, the homelessness, and it all led him to heroin and alcoholism. Makes sense.

Emily gave Thea a weird look as she passed Anthony a glass of water.

"What does that mean?" asked Lorelai.

"My mom had my half-brother like a week ago," Sage said quickly, while Aiden decided to engage Thea in a game of thumb wrestling.

"What's his name?" asked Richard.

"Coriander," Thea said. "Cory for short."

They eventually made their way to the dining room when dinner was ready.