𝟏𝟎: 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐭𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐋𝐚𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

A/N: Chapter title taken from the Ice Nine Kills song of the same name.

Also, this chapter is Rory-centric.

For fall break, Francine and Straub took Thea, Georgia, and Todd to Yellowknife, Canada to see the northern lights together

Liberty, Sage, and Aiden would've gone with them, but Liberty wanted to see her dad, Jess, and Billie, Sage wanted to help Sookie and Jackson with Cory, and Aiden wanted to spend time with his dad.

Todd went to Canada just to try their maple syrup and Canadian bacon. They told him it was just ham, but Todd said it was Canadian ham and they couldn't argue with that logic.

Anthony was getting dragged back to Florida by Zoe to visit his family. Thea suspected that they didn't want Anthony 'unsupervised' which seemed embarrassing since he was a grown man who can make his decisions but apparently not in their minds.

So, Rory walked in the kitchen, seeing Lorelai sweeping something under the sink, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, god!" yelled Lorelai jumping up startled, "Rory! Announce yourself!"

Rory was confused, "Were you brushing dirt under the sink?"

"No," Lorelai said. "I am brushing crumbs under the sink."

"You're a pig," Rory accused.

"You're just learning that?" Lorelai asked, "Why are you here anyway?"

"Oh, crabby and dirty," Rory replied, going over to kiss her mother as a greeting.

"Well, I thought you were going to hang at school for some alone time," Lorelai replied.

"Alone time suddenly included Paris," Rory replied.

"Oh," Lorela said. "I thought Paris was visiting her former nanny."

"Paris is definitely not visiting her former nanny," Rory stated.

Lorelai hummed, "Meaning?"

Rory looked under the sink, "There are little marshmallow Easter bunnies under here."

Lorelai led her away from the sink and to the table, "No, no, what did you mean when you said Paris is not visiting her former nanny." She grabbed two water bottles from the fridge.

"Paris is seeing someone," Rory said.

"Really?" asked Lorelai. "A psychiatrist?"

"A girl," Rory replied.

Lorelai was surprised, "Really? At Yale?"

"Yes," Rory replied.

"Oh, wow," Lorelai said. "Lorelai Gilmore, you've been out on me."

"It's so weird," Rory said. "But Anthony says it's really not. University is when you explore yourself a bit. No one really cares. Besides, there are people out there who swing both ways."