𝟎𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

"How's the New Girl at the bakery?" asked Anthony sitting at the table that Thea was sitting at.

"She would be fine, if she didn't drop three finished cakes," Thea said. "The woman is terrified of taking things out of the oven after she got burned on the oven rack."

"Just as long as you don't use butter on the burn, she'll be fine," Sage said. He remembered his arm getting burned in the oven and his mother using butter to draw out the heat, which didn't work. He still had the burn on his forearm.

Anthony asked, "So...?"

"I really don't want to fire her," Thea replied. "She's just a trainee."

"Even though Craig and Dave didn't drop the cakes," Sage replied.

Georgia, Aiden, Paris, Liberty, and Rory came over to their table.

Eventually, Todd came over and flopped down in a chair, "I feel so stupid. I went to the wrong lesson."

Liberty rubbed his shoulder, "It's okay. I went out into the hall with no shirt and bra on and got stared at by people before I realized what happened."

"If you ever feel stupid, you should hear the story of how the government released my Great-Aunt Ruth who was on death row because she murdered sixteen men."

"Okay," Paris said, scooting her chair forward a little. "You got me curious to know more about why they released her."

Anthony started explained, "Okay, so she was a sex worker and she said some men would say gross things to her like, 'you look like my daughter.'"

"Okay, I would resort to murder too," Georgia said, disgusted.

"Yeah, and some said, 'you look like my niece' and others said, 'you look like my sister'," Anthony explained.

"I really understand where she's going from," Liberty said, disgusted.

"Yeah, those men who said those things get the worst of it," Anthony stated."The police thought there were two different serial killers due to the nature of it. Like, she also murdered married men so their wives and children can get life insurance money. And she also stole the money that they had on them."

"Ah, well, she's going to jail for killing somebody," Aiden said. "Might as well rob their asses." Aiden was clearly thinking of Scary Movie.

Thea, Georgia, Sage, Aiden, Todd and Liberty started snickering at the reference.

"Yeah, true," Anthony agreed, clearly not getting the reference.

Not even Paris or Rory for that matter understood it.

Thea had to remind herself to show Anthony and Paris the movie.

Anthony explained, "So, she got caught, she confessed to the murders, and she was sentenced to death row for it. Some investigators thought they found some evidence that meant that Great-Aunt Ruth was innocent for the crimes, because there's false confessions all the time and some of it didn't line up with the timeline of the crimes. So, they released her and she was given money for being falsely imprisoned. So, she hauled ass out of there and like two weeks later, they realized that, 'Oh, shit, we released a serial killer.' And they couldn't do anything about it because they can't rearrest her because of double jeopardy laws."

"The justice system at its finest," Aiden said.