Thunderous Rage

Zeus was many things. He was the King of the gods, the defeater of Kronos ("You mean one of the..." "Silence Jackson!"), and the most powerful being around ("Debatable" "Shut up Poseidon, it is not!"). Over the millennia, Zeus' reputation had changed a lot. Sometimes he was an almighty ruler whose iron fist was harder than diamond; other times, he was a horny deadbeat dad who constantly cheated on his wife. But if there was one thing Zeus was for certain, it was the centre of attention.

From the start, he was the important one. As the youngest child of Rhea and Kronos, he was spared from his father's cannibalism by his mother. He trained and grew to one day dethrone the titan king. And so Zeus freed his siblings and (with his siblings, the Elder Cyclopes and the Hekatonkheires) Kronos was kicked down to Tartarus forever. ("Until he became my problem." "I swear, Poseidon, shut your son up." "Daughter." "What?" "You'll find out later...").

Following this, Zeus established himself as the King of the gods, ruler of Olympus, and god of the sky (among a plethora of other things). He then followed in his father's footsteps, married his sister, and filled the thrones of Olympus with his siblings and children.

Through all this, Zeus gained a reputation as the god involved. Ninety percent of happenings involved Zeus in some form. Unfortunately, this created a precedent in his mind that he had to be involved. So how do you think he'd react when, in the middle of a meeting, everyone else around him suddenly communicates in riddles and ups and leaves? Yeah, he wasn't too pleased.

First, Aphrodite had an episode, clearly reacting to something somewhere else. Then Athena and Poseidon were involved, which clued him into the identities of the demigods involved (the two Olympians would never willingly have anything else in common). After that, it was very fast. Aphrodite disappeared; Hestia took a look at the Hearth and then said something to Poseidon, causing him to leave. Also, at some point, Athena silently departed.

This left Zeus alone in the room with Hecate, who had run in as the rest went, and Hestia, who returned to watching the Hearth. He was silent for a while, trying to make sense of the wild rush of events that had just occurred. Meanwhile, Hecate just stood beside him awkwardly, unsure if she should say something. She was, of course, still reacting to the sudden flush of magic into the world from the curse.

Hecate was the goddess of magic; she knew all who had it and all the ways it could be used. This meant it was especially disconcerting to have been blindsided by the most powerful spell she had felt, one capable of blocking not one but two goddesses from a section of their domain. No one had been able to hide themselves from a god, except when it was done by said god as a reward (You get what I'm referencing? Maybe?).

So, while Zeus made sense of what was happening, the Goddess of Magic debated whether she should get involved in the drama or focus on finding out who was responsible. But also how—that was the biggest thing for her. How had someone done something like this without her knowing, and how was she unable to undo it? She was the origin!

Electing to do something other than standing still beside a confused sky god, Hecate walked over to the Hearth. Sitting, she joined the small girl sitting at the eternal fire. As the Goddess of Magic, Hecate was able to see into the Hearth to a certain extent. Obviously, she was nowhere near the ability of the girl beside her, but she could make some things out. Receiving a brief smile from the other goddess, the pair watched the Hearth in silence.

It was only after she settled down that Zeus regained his senses. The god scanned the room once his focus had returned to his surroundings. Seeing that he was standing alone, the King strode towards the serene fire. Zeus felt ignored and confused, and he liked being neither.

With heavy steps, the King of the Gods approached the Hearth. While his sister paid him no mind, the Titaness/Goddess of Magic turned to face the incoming ruler. His face was like thunder (hehe) as he bellowed out, "What is going on?"