XVIII - First Dance

Astrea

Totoo na nga 'to.

I've read it over and over again– sa ilang buwan ng pagt-training ko sa Constellations, Tita Sandra surprised me with a small party in the restaurant.

The staff, the Lacsamanas', and Tatum are here.

"Congratulations, Astrea!" They all said in unison, while I'm still shocked and didn't know what to do.

Akala ko kasi ay may problema dito sa restaurant dahil pinapunta ako ni Tita Sandra kahit day off ko naman, I didn't expect what will happen today.

"This is the day that the restaurant is officially yours, Astrea." Tita hugged me tightly, "You're the owner and in charge of Constellations."

I stood there, feeling the weight of everyone's eyes on me, their smiles warm and genuine. For a moment, I couldn't find the words, my throat tightening as I looked around the room.

"I.uhh.. thank you.," I stammered, my voice barely above a whisper.

Tita Sandra squeezed my shoulders gently. "You deserve this, Astrea. You've worked so hard."

I nodded, swallowing hard. "Thanks, Ta." I managed to say again, this time a bit louder, though my voice still trembled. "Thank you, everyone."

Kahit hindi naman ako mahilig sa ganito, ay hindi nalang ako umangal at hinayaan nalang sila na mag celebrate kasama ako. Tatum hugged me and congratulated me, she even joked that she'll be here every day to get a free meal.

"Ate Astrea," Bati ni Aries sa'kin when everyone was done and eating, it's been a while since I've seen him, "May gustong bumati sa'yo kaso busy sa ibang bansa eh." Nakangiti niyang saad, "But she wanted me to give you this."

"Ano na naman 'yan?"

He went back to their table and later on had a bouquet of flowers on his hands before giving it to me.

"Alam mo naman kung kanino galing." He chuckled while I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sino ba ang nasa ibang bansa ngayon? Ate mo lang naman." Tinanggap ko ito and saw that there was a card inside, "Daming pakulo. Sabihin mo salamat."

He laughed, "Congrats, Ate. I'm proud of you."

"Tatay ba kita para maging proud ka?"

"Ate Astrea talaga." Sabay kamot niya sa batok, "Message mo daw si Ate kapag natanggap mo na yung bulaklak."

"Oo na," I smiled at him, "Thanks, Aries."

"Speech ka na."

"Kamao ko gusto mo? Kumain ka na nga do'n." Bugaw ko sa kanya dahilan para matawa na naman siya bago bumalik sa table nila. Tatum was with the Lacsamanas, it's crazy how she easily gets along with people. Hindi ko nga alam kung paano siya naimbita ni Tita Sandra when she's been busy in school, especially with her org works.

"Astrea, halika na." Tita Sandra called out for me to join her in the table, kasama niya yung staff namin who were happily talking to each other.

The night ended after a short while, Tita Sandra told me that we'll have the restaurant close tomorrow so that we can discuss my plans for Constellations. I actually don't have one yet, that is why she wants to talk to me about it.

Everyone already left after they cleaned up the whole place, while I stayed behind.

I went inside the office.

My Office.

I think I need to have a moment to process everything.

When Tita Sandra gave me the official document a few months ago regarding my ownership of Constellations, it felt surreal to me. It hasn't fully sink in yet kahit nung mga panahong nagt-training pa ako sa restaurant.