That night

Malia's P.O.V.

We got out of there as soon as possible "Sorry about that." Pony said

"It's fine she seemed like a bitch anyways." I said

"Yeah she is do you even know who she is?" Pony asked me

"No I just know her name for what just happened."

"That's Cherry Valance. Johnny, Dally and I all meant her the night Johnny killed Bob Sheldon." I could tell Ponyboy didn't like to talk about that day.

"Now I remember her you sometimes talked about her." We were under a street light and we heard some music it was Can't help falling in love with you. We stopped and we both loved this song.

"Care do dance my lady?" Pony said in a funny voice while offering his hand to me I grabbed it and we started dancing under the street light. We were both smiling it was a little later so nobody was driving or walking by. I felt like me and Pony were in our own world, dancing like we were the only people who exist. It was so nice we stood there slow dancing almost like a waltz we just danced while laughing and smiling. Pony spun me around and we got real close, we both leaned in faster than we normally did we both closed our eyes I felt like I could feel his lips we were going to kiss, but we didn't.

I pulled away "I'm so sorry, I can't do this." I started walking away from him

He started yelling "Malia what the hell was that!" He started following me

"I said I'm sorry!" I yelled back

"What do you mean you can't do it." He asked

"I can't kiss you."

"Why this is the third time this has happened?" He yelled but I just kept walking and ignored him, he was still behind me.

"Why, Malia?" He said a little quieter

"Because I feel like anyone I love I lose!" I turned around and yelled

"Y-you love me?" He asked with a puzzled face

"No that's not what I meant, I lost Johnny I loved him, there was a point in time when I loved mom and dad there gone, and if I kiss you I might fall in love with you and lose you." I said in tears. I was so panicked in my mind I said I love Ponyboy but I think I played it off easily. "And Johnny was the only person I had left so everyone I loved is gone so I don't care."

"I know you care about me, and I can't be the only one who knows there is something between us." He paused "in the hospital room, literally a few hours ago in your room, that night when you came to my house with Johnny, I knew you were special and I was 11. If you can't see that there is something between us then I don't know what you see." He said almost on the verge of tears.

"I don't care about anything anymore the only person that loved me was Johnny and he's gone, he was the only person who cared where I was and what I was doing. I know he never talked about like he did about you and Dally, but he was all I had none of my friends cared when I told them he died, Katie only helped a bit because she had to take care of Two-bit. Now you know why I get so mad at you all the time is because everyone I love is gone and I don't give a fuck about anything any more!" I was yelling, I could feel hot tears running down my face. Ponyboy didn't say anything all he did was walk up to me and gave me a hug, it didn't last long before he pulled away and looked me in the in eyes.

"You know Johnny isn't the only person who loves you." He whispered. I just sat there and stared into his beautiful eyes. "I love you, Malia." He said

"I love you too." I said while blushing, and he pulled me in and planted a kiss on my lips. It felt so good to finally kiss him I felt like I could kiss him forever. I heard yelling in the background, so I pulled away and didn't realize how close we were to the Curtis house and saw Soda and Steve standing on the porch yelling and noticed that Soda had a camera in his hand.

"Pony they got that on video." I said laughing. Ponyboy didn't say anything he grabbed my hand and we ran to the Curtis house. Soda was still videoing.

"Soda did you really have to video that!" Pony yelled with so much embarrassment on his face. I thought it was funny.

"I can't wait to show our kids this." I said while laughing.

"Ponyboy what do you have to say to your future kids?" Steve said while laughing.

"Don't ever watch this tape!" He said walking in the house and slamming the door. I stayed out with Soda and Steve.

"It's angry." Soda said and we all laughed

"I can hear you!" Ponyboy yelled from inside

"Malia what do you have to say to your future kids?" Steve asked me while pretending to hold a microphone

"Don't take any advice from your uncle Soda and Steve." I said while laughing and took the camera to show Soda's face. He was pretending to cry and so was Steve. Soda took the camera back

"I want my five dollars!" Pony yelled from inside the house. I started laughing again.

"Oh shit." Soda said and then stopped videoing "wait we said when you get a girlfriend!" So yelled and we all waited for and answer

"Malia will you be my girlfriend?" Pony yelled back

"Yeah!" I yelled. Soda mouthed really to me and I just shrugged

"I would like my money now." Pony said laughing. We all went back inside. I went upstairs to grab the money from my room, I looked at Johnny's jacket "I miss you." I whispered and walked out and closed the door, and gave Ponyboy his money.

"Of course the first day we make the bet you won." I said

"The funny thing is too I was planning to ask you out tomorrow." He said laughing

Soda walked in "Hey wanna hear about my date?" Asked with a smile.

"Yeah" me and Pony said at the same time.

"Okay so we went to the movies to see The Sound of Music, and it was normal you know and she puts her head on my shoulder while watching the movie, and I'm taking her home and I drop her off she start getting out of the car turns around and kisses me!" He yelled the kissing part.

"That's great Soda." I paused. "Now Darry needs to call Winnie." I said exaggerating the need.

"Yeah he does." Pony said

"Hey Soda can I take the couch tonight?" Steve yelled from the living room

"Yeah!" Soda yelled back from the kitchen

"It's getting late I'm gonna take a shower. I haven't taken one in days." I said while walking out of the kitchen, I went upstairs grabbed clothes and took a shower and all I could think about was that night.