Clothes

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

Malia and Soda made a bet with me that if I get a date in 2 weeks than they'll both give me five dollars. So I just have to ask Malia out and hope she says yes. We hoped out the car and walked in the house. Two-but was watching Micky mouse with a beer in his hand and Steve was in the kitchen getting cake.

"Hey Soda we need another cake!" Steve yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay I'll make one." Then he looked at me and Ponyboy "Pony why don't you go help Malia grab her things from Darry's room to her's."

"Okay" Pony said and then looked at me and smiled. We walked up to Darry's room and started grabbing my clothes.

"You don't have that much clothes." Pony said in a surprised voice.

"Yeah, Johnny bought most of them." I said with a little laugh at the end

"I didn't know you had a jean jacket." He said while pulling the jacket, and putting it on.
"Man this fits me nice." He said with a smile

"Can you take it off?" I asked in annoyed voice

"Why do you don't stare at me." He said while posing

"Can you just take it off." I started to yell

"You should give it to me since you never wear it." Pony said while laughing

"TAKE IT OFF!" I yelled

"Jeez okay." He said while handing the jacket and he paused and looked like he was gonna cry "I'm so sorry, I-I didn't know."

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

When I was handing the jean jacket back to Malia I saw writing in the tag "J.C." I stopped handing the jacket to her I felt so bad. "Im so sorry, I-I didn't know."

"It's fine, I'll finish moving my clothes." She said grabbing the jacket and turning around folding it.

"Are you sure I can still help." I said to her

"Pony just go." She said while still not looking at me. I didn't say anything and just walked downstairs. "Hey Ponyboy what was all that yelling about." Two-bit said with a grin, I just ignored him and walked into the bathroom. I thought to myself: I need to stop pissing her off, I feel so bad now that was Johnny's jacket that's all she has left of him. I need to ask her out tomorrow or at least soon. I just sat on the bathroom floor thinking for about 10 minutes "I need to talk to you Malia." I said to myself.

"Pony we thought you fell in the toilet you've been in there for so long." Steve yelled while laughing. I ignored him just like I did to Two-bit and walked up stairs Malia was in her room, I knocked on the door.

"Come in." She said.

As I walked in I said "Malia, I'm sorry about what happened."

"It's fine I shouldn't have gotten so mad at you." She said I the realized she had been crying

"Malia what's wrong." I said pulling her into a hug.

"I'm just thinking about Johnny." She said starting to cry again

"I'm sorry but I don't know what to say." I started to hug her tighter.