Cold sweat and a crazy lady

Malia's P.O.V.
I had a nightmare that night were I was lost in Tulsa looking for Johnny and I couldn't find him, and I started screaming but I couldn't let it out and then I saw him lying in a hospital bed dying and then Dally got shot. I woke up in cold sweat and was having a hard time breathing I saw Ponyboy and Soda. I was crying, and had sweat running down my face.

"Malia are you okay?" Ponyboy said in a panicked tone

"Where's Johnny!" I was screaming and crying "Where's Johnny and Dally!"

"Shh everything is fine, they're not here." Soda said while wiping sweat off my face. I was still breathing real heavy.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Asked Pony

I shook my head yes "I saw Johnny and Dally but they both died." I was still crying. Pony and Soda's faces changed immediately from worry to concerned.

"Is there any reason why you might have had that nightmare?" Asked Soda

"Winnie was asking questions about the gang and I said something about Johnny and Dally, and she asked who they were and I had to explain to her that they died." I said answering the question.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Pony

"Yeah" I replied

"Alright I'll go get us some breakfast." Soda said while walking out the door.

Ponyboy's P.O.V.
Soda left the room, so it was just me and Malia. She was real pretty, she had just woken up so her hair was a little messy, she yawned I think she looked cute when she was tired.
"You look like something's wrong." She said

"Just tired." I responded I was lying I was thinking about the night Johnny and Dally died.

"Me too, I can't wait to come home." She said with a smile

"Yeah I can't wait for you to come home either." I said laughing "So tell me Malia how is it being a Cade?" I asked

"Honestly Pony, it sucks I honestly just want to change my last name. It just reminds me that I'm a Cade the abusive family that has a beat up daughter and a dead son. I would much rather be a Winston, or a Randle, or a Mathews, or even a.." she paused "Curtis." She had a look on her face that she meant it too. "And I'm not saying I want to marry any of you guys eith-" I cut her off "I know what you mean." I said with a smile. Then Winnie came in.

"How are you doing, Malia?" Winnie asked

"I'm good, I'm feeling a lot better actually." She replied

"Good." Then she turned her focus to me "Is it just you today Pony?" Winnie asked me

"No Sodas here he getting Malia breakfast." I replied

"Is Darry not here?" She asked with a confused face.

"No he has work." I said

"Oh ok" then she walked out of the room

Then me and Malia just looked at each other and laughed "She likes Darry, I can tell." She said through her laughter.

"Darry wouldn't stop talking about her when we got home." I said still laughing

"We need to set them up." Malia said smiling

"Yeah, they're perfect for each other." I replied. I thought to myself: I can't believe I'm friends with such a pretty girl like her, her smiles so beautiful I just want to ask her out, but I know she'll say no.

Malia's P.O.V.
Me and Pony sat there and laughed together, I love seeing him smile and laugh. Soda came back with some Waffles and syrup, and some chocolate milk.

"No Chocolate cake." I said laughing

Soda smiled "In all seriousness I hoped they would have some but they didn't."

"It's fine Soda." I said with a smile. Then Winnie came back in.

"Hey sorry, but I forgot to tell you that you should be good to go home tomorrow." Winnie said and then walked out all of our faces lit up.

"That's good." I said while scarfing down waffles.

"Hey, Soda what time is your girl coming down?" Ponyboy asked with a smirk

"She's coming down today." I said with a big smile

"I hate you some days." Soda said under his breath to Pony "Yeah she coming down around 1 o'clock, it was going to be a surprise but somebody had to ruin it." He said while glaring at Pony.

"I'm excited to meet her." All the sudden there was a bang and yell

"I can see her if I want to!" I heard someone yell

"Ma'am calm down I'll see if she wants to see you." I heard Winnie say. Me, Soda, and Pony all walked out to see what was going on, and at the end of the hallway I saw a small dark lady. My Mom.

"There she is, get your ass over here away from these bums!" She yelled at me

"Why should I, they actually care about me, and have been taking better care of me than you!" I yelled back

"You ran away from me, I take good care of you and your brother, you damn kids cause me so much trouble!"

"We cause you trouble, I'm living in a different house because you and Dad have alcohol problems. I was living outside sleeping in a lot because of you, Johnny wanted to kill himself because of you." I started to cry. "If it wasn't for you Johnny would be here right now, Johnny wouldn't have been in the lot that night!" I paused "Johnny is dead because of you." I said in a low whisper, I could see Pony and Sodas faces from the corner of my eyes, they were in pure shock and anger. "And we cause you trouble, look at us and not yourself. You can burn in hell." I said and all the sudden I got light headed and passed out.