🐾Chapter Three🐾

Skylight took her to the place where the mother and her kit had vanished. She had been right. This was the Infancy.

Skylight stepped inside it. Sandkit followed her. The cave was definitely bigger than the leaders den. There were three she-cats and four kits inside. Skylight introduced her to them all. The black she-cat was named Crowfeather. The white she with a brown mask was Fallingwind. The pure white one was Flowerfur. This was the mother of the kits, the dark gray one was Skullkit, he had a white mask and paws. Crestkit, his brother, was light gray. There other brother was Lowkit, who was a long haired brown cat. There sister was Flyingkit. She was sand-colored, like her, but her pelt was longer, and she had two different colored eyes. One blue, while the other was brown.

"So," Flowerfur meowed. "am I going to be the one to take care of this kit?" She asked Skylight, "I'm okay with it I just wondered. Flyingkit would love to have her as a playmate." She put in quickly.

"If thee shall want it." Skylight told her. "Though I will be coming in every now and then to check on her well being."

"Yes Skylight."

Skylight then left the den after hearing her words.

Flowerfur rounded on Sandkit. "So, your the new kit. I would like to start to know you better." She nudged the sand colored kit toward Sandkit with her muzzle. "This is Flyingkit. She would love to have you as her playmate. She only has brothers, so, you can't blame her. Can you?" She asked.

"N-No. No I can't." She meowed. "My names Sandkit." She told the other kit. "I think your eyes look really cool."

"T-Thanks. Your eyes look lovely too." She mewed, sounding surprised. Flyingkit gestured with her tail for her brothers to come and meet Sandkit. "These are my big brothers Skullkit and Crestkit, my younger brother is Lowkit." She told her.

"Hi." Skullkit said brightly. "As my sister told you, I'm Skullkit. I got my name from my white mask and paws. Though I was aware that you already new that because of Skylight." He flicked his tail dismissively.

"Oooh tell her how I got my name!" Crestkit yowled.

"He got his name because he knew how to determine what different runes were; even before he was taught. How? I do not know." Flowerfur told Sandkit in the place of her son. "I named Flyingkit because I wanted a kit named so. Lowkit's name came from his father's wish." Flowerfur finished. "I know that you're going to become a paw soon Sandkit. But it would be very kind of you to play with my little one." She crouched down to her level and putt her muzzle close to her ear. "Or, I can make life very hard while you stay here." She whispered.

"Sandkit, Do you want to go play with me?" Flyingkit asked her. She nodded her accent and glanced back at Flyingkit's mother. Flowerfur narrowed her eyes at Sandkit as she walked out of the Infancy behind Flyingkit.

The day had gone by fast as she stepped out of the Infancy with Flyingkit. There were cats around the clearing: most of them ate kill they had caught earlier in the day while the male from earlier was trying to flirt with the two she-cats that had been eating kill together. Skylight was also eating kill at the foot of the SkyRock; Dayflower was sitting next to her, meowing something that was inaudible to her. Flyingkit walked over to a cat whom was grooming a cats fur while they groomed hers.

"Crescentmoon!" Flyingkit yowled across the clearing as she ran toward the she she had called to.

The gray spotted she-cat looked up from her vigorous grooming of the other cat's pelt and her jaws parted in a smile.

"Hello Flyingkit." She mewed, "How have you been? I see you've brought us the new kit." She looked at Sandkit. "I'm Crescentmoon, an Elder; and this is my mate Browncoat." The brown tom lifted his tail in greeting. "You can guess how he got his name. Not many cats know how I got mine, but that's a story for another day to tell. I think it would be more pleasing to you to meet the other cats of the Clan." She flicked her tail at the other cats in the clearing. "I could introduce you to them if you like." She mewed before she stood up and shook herself. "Lets go." She mewed without a response from Sandkit.