𝟎𝟎𝟐. broken promises

𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒
↳ a Juju Watkins fic.

𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒↳ a Juju Watkins fic

𝟎𝟎𝟐. broken promises

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟕𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀

The gym was packed with cheering fans and proud families as the seniors lined up for their walkout. Banners and balloons decorated the space, celebrating the players' last home game.

Announcer grabs the mic, the gym falling silent. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our senior players, starting with the star players, Amahira Wilson and Judea Watkins!"

Amahira and Juju walks out together, holding hands and smiling at the crowd. The Announcer starts to speak again,

"We have a special announcement tonight. Amahira Wilson has officially committed to the University of Oregon to continue her basketball career!" The crowd erupts in cheers and applause.

Juju turns to Amahira with a shocked and hurt expression. "You didn't tell me you committed to UO?"

"I was going to, but they announced it first. I'm sorry." Amahira whispers back.

Later, the game started, but the tension between Amahira and Juju was obvious. Juju's frustration showed in her aggressive playing style, and she avoided passing to Amahira whenever possible. The usual harmony between them was gone, replaced by cold silence.

After the game, Amahira runs to talk to Juju, but she instead brushed past her walking to the locker room, not saying a word.

The locker room buzzed with the electric energy of victory. The scent of sweat and adrenaline filled the air as the team filed in, their faces flushed with triumph. The clang of lockers and the murmur of excited chatter created a symphony of celebration.

Coach Komaki stood in the center of the room, her grizzled face breaking into a rare smile. "Alright, everyone, gather around!" she called out, clapping her hands to get their attention. The team quickly formed a semicircle around her, eager to hear her words.