𝟎𝟎𝟒. conference

𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒
↳ a Juju Watkins fic.

𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒↳ a Juju Watkins fic

𝟎𝟎𝟒. conference

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟏𝟎𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒
𝐄𝐔𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄, 𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐍

The room was filled with reporters, cameras flashing as Amahira Wilson stepped up to the podium. She took a deep breath, smiling confidently at the crowd. The anticipation was palpable, everyone eager to hear her announcement.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you all for being here today," Amahira began, her voice steady and clear. "Over the past few weeks, I've had a lot of time to reflect on my journey and what the future holds for me. After careful consideration and discussions with my family, coaches, and close friends, I've made a decision about where I'll be continuing my basketball career."

She paused, letting the suspense build. Reporters leaned forward, ready to capture every word.

"I'm excited to announce that I will be transferring to the University of Southern California," she declared, a broad smile spreading across her face. "This decision wasn't easy, but I believe it's the best choice for my growth as both a player and a person. USC has a fantastic program, and I'm thrilled about the opportunity to contribute to the team's success."

The room erupted with questions, reporters eager to get more details.

"Amahira, what was the main factor in your decision to transfer to USC?" one reporter asked.

"There were several factors," Amahira replied thoughtfully, "but the overall environment at USC felt like the perfect fit for me. The coaching staff is incredible, and I believe I can achieve great things with their guidance."

Another reporter chimed in, "How do you feel about leaving UO and your teammates there?"

"Leaving UO was one of the toughest parts of this decision," Amahira admitted. "I've had an incredible experience there and made lifelong friends. I want to thank my coaches, teammates, and fans for their support. I'll always cherish my time at UO, but I'm also looking forward to this new chapter at USC."

A third reporter asked, "What are your goals for the upcoming season at USC?"

"My main goal is to help the team win and to continue developing as a player," Amahira said with determination. "I want to bring my best to every game and contribute to our success. I'm excited to work with the coaching staff and my new teammates to achieve our goals."

Another reporter starts to talk, "Amahira, it's known that Juju Watkins is also at USC. How do you feel about potentially reuniting with her, especially considering the history between you two?"

Amahira pauses, looking a bit nervous, "Um, well, you know, Juju and I... we, uh, we go way back. I think it's going to be interesting to see how things play out. I'm just really focused on playing my best and contributing to the team in any way I can."

She forces a smile, trying to move on from the question quickly.

Another reporter chimed in, "Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'interesting'?"

Laughing nervously, Amahira replies "Oh, I just mean that it's always exciting to join a new team and see how everyone works together. I'm sure it'll be a great experience."

She shifts uncomfortably, clearly wanting to steer the conversation away from any specifics about her history with Juju.

(a/n: don't mind that it says ohio state on the jersey, but i lowkey ate)

At USC, the women's basketball team was gathered in their locker room, watching the press conference on a large screen

At USC, the women's basketball team was gathered in their locker room, watching the press conference on a large screen. The atmosphere was tense. Juju, the team's star player, watched with a mix of frustration and disbelief. She had been avoiding Amahira ever since their big argument, and now, to her dismay, Amahira was transferring there.

Coach Gottlieb stood at the front, arms crossed, her expression unreadable. She had orchestrated the team's viewing of the press conference, wanting them to see firsthand the new addition to their roster.

"Pay attention, ladies," her voice cutting through the murmurs. "Amahira Wilson is joining our team. I expect each of you to welcome her and work together to achieve our goals."

Juju clenched her fists, trying to mask her irritation. Amahira was the last person she wanted to see right now. She had worked hard to build her reputation and lead the team, and now, she felt her position was being threatened.

As the press conference continued, Juju's mind raced with thoughts of how she would handle this. She had been avoiding Amahira ever since their big argument, and now she had to face her head-on. She knew she had to stay focused and prove her worth, both to herself and to her team.

The press conference came to an end, and Amahira's image faded from the screen. Coach Gottlieb turned to face her players.

"Remember, this is about the team, not any one individual," she said firmly. "We have a new chapter ahead of us, and I expect everyone to step up and support each other."

Juju nodded, her resolve hardening. The season ahead promised to be one of intense competition and growth, and Juju was ready to face it head-on, despite the challenges that lay ahead with Amahira's arrival.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:
Surprise! (not really) Do you guys think they'll resolve their issues, or ignore each other? This is somewhat a filler, the next chapter is when the whole storyline actually gonna happen.

Vote and comment!!