𝟎𝟎𝟔. practice and tension

𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒
↳ a Juju Watkins fic.

𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒↳ a Juju Watkins fic

𝟎𝟎𝟔. practice and tension

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟔𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒
𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀

Amahira Wilson woke up early, her alarm buzzing. She rolled out of bed, determined to start her first day of practice on the right foot. After a quick stretch, she slipped into her workout clothes and began her daily morning routine. She brushed her teeth, washed her face with CeraVe, and styled her hair into a neat ponytail.

By the time she arrived at the gym, some of the girls were already there, warming up and chatting. A few more trickled in as she laced up her sneakers and did some light stretching. The atmosphere was a mix of camaraderie and anticipation.

Coach Gottlieb called everyone to gather around. "Alright, team, listen up," she began. "We've got a new player joining us this season. Amahira, why don't you introduce yourself?"

Amahira stepped forward, trying to appear confident. "Hey, everyone. I'm Amahira Wilson. I transferred here from UO, and I'm really excited to be part of the team. I play guard, and I can't wait to get to know all of you and work together."

The team members took turns introducing themselves, sharing their names and positions. When it was Juju's turn, she hesitated briefly before speaking. "Juju Watkins. Guard."

The tension was visible, a silent acknowledgment of the unresolved issues between them.

Coach Gottlieb clapped her hands, breaking the awkwardness. "Alright, let's get to work. We'll start with some drills and then split into teams for a scrimmage."

Amahira and Juju ended up on opposing teams. From the moment the scrimmage started, it was clear that Juju hadn't let go of their past argument. She played aggressively, bumping into Amahira and knocking her down more than once. Amahira tried to keep her composure, focusing on the game and not letting Juju's actions get to her.

After practice, some of the girls approached Amahira, inviting her to a team bonding event later that day. "We're going out to eat," one of them said. "You should come with us. It'll be fun."

"Sure, that sounds great," Amahira replied, grateful for the invitation. "I'll see you all there."

She drove back to her dorm, where her roommates were up and about. Sylas was sitting at the kitchen table, studying, while Kassani was making breakfast.

"How was practice?" Kassani asked, glancing up from her cooking.

"It was intense," Amahira said, sitting down and grabbing a piece of toast. "Juju was really aggressive. We haven't resolved our issues from high school, and it showed."