Chapter 33: Confession: The Hearts Unveiled ♡

As I knelt before Meera, holding her hands, my heart pounded so loudly I was sure she could hear it

As I knelt before Meera, holding her hands, my heart pounded so loudly I was sure she could hear it. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, all trying to find the right words to express what I'd been holding inside for so long.

"Meera, I- I like you," I started, watching her eyes widen in surprise. She was breathing heavily, her hands clutching mine tightly. I could feel the weight of the moment pressing down on us.

"I really like you, Meera. Not just from today, not from yesterday. I don't even know when it happened, but I know one thing: I like you, not as a friend but more than that," I said, my voice trembling. I licked my lips, trying to swallow my nervousness. "I'm very nervous right now." I let out a nervous chuckle, hoping to ease the tension.

"Whenever you smile at me, my heart skips a beat. Whenever your eyes look at me, I want to get lost in them. And our eye contact, Meera-it's everything to me. I don't remember our first eye contact, but from the time I started noticing you, it became the best thing that ever happened to me."

I looked down at our intertwined hands, trying to steady myself. "It's not just a mere attraction, Meera. The feelings I have for you in my heart-I can't even begin to describe them. I know we're at an age where relationships might seem like a distraction, and we should be focusing on our futures. That was my goal, to stay focused. But then you came into my life-or rather, you were always there, and I just didn't notice."

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. "I'm not saying you're a distraction. I'm saying that I can't control myself anymore. It's so hard, Meera. I've fallen for you, and there's no going back."

I looked back up at her, my eyes pleading. "I don't want to force you to say anything you don't want to. I just can't keep these feelings to myself anymore. I've wanted to tell you this for so long, but I didn't have the courage. I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship-the only thing that connected us."

I sighed deeply, my voice breaking slightly. "But I can't go on like this, keeping it all bottled up inside. Meera, you're the most important person in my life. Your presence, your smile, your kindness-they mean the world to me. I see you in everything, and I can't imagine my life without you. Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure."

I gently squeezed her hands, my eyes searching hers for any sign of a response. "I love the way you laugh, the way you care for others, the way you always seem to know the right thing to say. You're not just a friend to me. You're the person who makes my world brighter, who makes my heart race, who makes me want to be a better person."

I paused, my breath hitching. "I don't know what you're thinking right now, and I don't want to pressure you. I just needed you to know how I feel. I like you, Meera. I've started to like you for so long, and I can't hide it anymore. Whatever you decide, whatever you feel, I'll respect it. I just needed to tell you, to be honest with you. Because you deserve to know."