Chapter 35 : The Day That Was Ours

The school corridors buzzed with the usual morning chatter

The school corridors buzzed with the usual morning chatter. Students gathered, some heading towards the assembly ground while others lingered in the hallways, catching up with friends. Rani and Preeti stood on their corridors, talking about the day ahead.

"I have to perform the news in the assembly today," Preeti mentioned, a hint of nerves in her voice.

Rani nodded, offering an encouraging smile. "You'll do great, don't worry."

Preeti smiled back, but her mind seemed preoccupied. Rani noticed something and asked, "Where's Meera? She always comes to school with you, right?"

Preeti's eyes widened in realization. "Oh my God, I totally forgot! Meera told me to go ahead since I had to come early, but she said she needed to buy some stationery. I told her to come afterward, but she hasn't shown up yet."

Rani glanced at the clock on the wall. "It's already 8:05. The school gates are going to close in ten minutes. Where could she be?"

Preeti's worry deepened. "What should we do now? We can't leave the school to search for her."

Rani thought for a moment. "Let's ask someone. Maybe Lakhsya knows where she is."

Preeti nodded. "Good idea. But where is he? I didn't see him in class."

"Maybe he's outside. Let's look around," Rani suggested.

They first headed to their classroom, but Lakhsya wasn't there. They then made their way towards the assembly ground, scanning the area for any sign of him. They asked a few of the boys from their class, but no one had seen him today.

As they walked, they spotted Harsh and Aman standing with their friends, laughing and joking around. Preeti and Rani exchanged a glance, nodded, and approached them.

"Harsh, Aman, we've been looking for you everywhere," Preeti said, trying to keep her tone casual.

Harsh and Aman exchanged smirks.

Harsh said, "Oh really? But sorry, you need an appointment to talk to us.
Arre, hum superstar hain! Humara darshan kabhi kabhi hota hai, you know."

( Hey, we're superstars! Our sighting happens occasionally)

Aman added with a grin, "Yeah, you can just brag and talk to us. We have a reputation here," while running his fingers through his hair.

Their friends laughed, but Preeti and Rani were not amused.

Preeti shot them a stern glance, her eyes flashing with annoyance. She paused, biting back a sharp retort, and instead said, "Spare us the comedy routine, princes. We don't have time for your stand-up act. Just give us 5 minutes, Your Highnesses."