Chapter 32 : Birthday celebrations and Confession?

I was sitting in the classroom, solving some problems, as our mid-term exams were coming up in a week

I was sitting in the classroom, solving some problems, as our mid-term exams were coming up in a week. It had already been one month since we returned from the trip, which had left me with fantastic and unforgettable memories. I felt a surge of happiness thinking about the time we spent together, cherishing every moment with my friends and him.

Thinking about him made me smile involuntarily. I bit my lip to control the grin spreading across my face. We had grown more comfortable with each other since the trip. He would flirt with me here and there, and I would blush like crazy. I couldn't help it; just his gaze was enough to make me turn red. Only I knew how I felt when I talked to him. His eyes, his face, his smile—everything about him was just perfect. I couldn't believe how head over heels I was for him.

We talked whenever we got the chance, whether in school or on Instagram. I still remember the first time he texted me. My heart had leaped with joy, and I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the night. Our conversations flowed simple and the occasional deep moments that left me feeling closer to him.

I was lost in the rhythm of the song-
when suddenly, a notification popped up on my phone. It was from Preeti; she had posted a photo of us together and tagged my newly made ID. She had set up the account herself, connecting me with some of our friends, and kept it private.

Curious, I began scrolling down to see other posts. Just as I was getting absorbed, another notification grabbed my attention. My heart skipped a beat. It was him-he had sent me a follow request.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Heejksnsenwmwmasjsjsjwj

My mind was blank for sometimes then i realized its real ohhh God!
I couldn't contain my excitement and started jumping on my bed like it was a trampoline.

Ohhh myyy goddddddd!

That's when my bedroom door slammed open with a startling thud.

"Meera, what are you doing?" my mom shouted as she burst through my room door. "Why are you jumping on the bed like a kangaroo?"

Caught off guard, I stammered nervously, "Wo Mumma, wo... I just, ha... wo na, I was watching a comedy show and got a bit too excited, hehehe." I laughed, trying to sound casual but probably just sounding more nervous.

Mom raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying my flimsy excuse. "Really? And which show is this that has you hopping around like it's a trampoline?"

"It's, um, that new one, you know... with the funny characters," I replied, making things up as I went, desperately hoping she'd let it slide.

"Meera, be careful. If you break something, you know you're responsible," she warned, her tone softening a little as she probably remembered her own moments of youthful exuberance.