Chapter Five

Ray Mond walked down the streets of New York City in search of someone she once knew. That's when she spotted the sign 'Millas Brews n Books' She smiled when she spotted it, pulling out her phone to capture a picture.

The bell at the top of the store jingled as she entered "Hi Welcome to Millas Brews n Books. Let me know when you'd like to order"

"I'm Milla" a small child around 6 pipes up smiling widely.

"Nice to meet you Milla, I'm Ray" Ray replied smiling at the child.

"Ray?" A woman asks as she exits what Ray assumes is the backroom/kitchen.

"I wasn't sure if you'd be here. It's good to see you Emmi"

"I missed you so much first name Ray, last name Mond"

"I missed you too" Ray replied, pulling Emmi into a hug. Milla also joined in on their hug.

Ray, Emmi & Milla found themselves at one of the tables on the second floor, Ray opted for a hot chocolate as she needed something sweet and Emmi had an americano.

"Why did you decide to come?" Emmi asked, still shocked that Ray had found her somehow, since she couldn't find a trace of her anywhere.

"I was back in the city for the week. Heard you opened this cafe. I really wanted to see you again"

"I haven't been able to find you on any social media since you were around 20. What have you been up to?"

"Well a lot has happened really, I found out I have a twin-brother"

"Wait a twin-brother?"

"Yeah, he's really cool. I went to Los Santos and lived there for a few years, met him and some other people. I left and travelled a bit but I decided to move back to Los Santos"

"What about Daisy?"

"Right, Daisy..... Daisy and I haven't been close in over a year. We had a falling out when I came back to New York about 2-years-ago. We caught up but then had a falling out over her being jealous or something"

"Jealous of what?"

"I had a partner that came with me from Los Santos, Daisy was jealous of them"

"I'm not really surprised Ray, you and Daisy were inseparable from the moment you met at the group home. I could hardly pry the two of you away from each other."

"Well what about you?"

"I have Milla now, she's been living with me for 3 years. I went to business school, completed that and decided to go ahead with my idea of this place"

"Wow, I'm so proud of you Emmi"

"I'm proud of you as well Ray"

-------------------------------

Ray had gotten dressed into a red strapless bodysuit that had 3 cutouts going down her stomach, as well as a pair of red high waisted, wide leg pants. She had her hair down and wavy for the event. She really did miss all the parties and events, getting to go and use her alias; Rachel Jones. She only ever went to the more secret, high-end events where her face wouldn't become published.

Ray had arrived and within 10 minutes of being there Daisy had found her, whisking her away to a corner. "You are really here?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You haven't come to a party in years, I can see you didn't bring...."

"I wanted to, but I knew it would draw attention and I really want to stay in the shadows, you know that Dais"

"I'm glad you didn't I really can't stand her"

Ray rolled her eyes, honestly getting annoyed at Daisy's snide remarks at her girlfriend. "Well when you decide to grow up and realise I am in a relationship with this person, and I don't appreciate the comments you make about her then come find me" with that Ray walked off to the bar.