always and forever | M.R.

A short but sweet one for you guys 🌚

I wake up to the sad but not unusual feeling of an empty bed.
For as long as i've known Mattheo, he's had trouble sleeping, so on nights like these i try my best to fall back to sleep but the lingering lack of warmth from his body stops me from doing so.

" Matt where are you?" i say attempting to get up
from my side of the bed but the cold rushes over my
body causing me to grab a blanket and drape it over my shoulders.

And of course i find him on our dorm room
balcony with a book.

" darling? it's very late you should be in bed" he says turning around from hearing my soft foot steps on the hardwood floor.
" mm i would love to be in bed, but i wanted to check on you. Plus it's so cold when your gone" i say walking towards him and straddling his lap on the deck chair.
His hands snake to my waist as pulls me in for a long deep hug.

To me he's always had this intoxicating smell a subtle hint of cigarettes and a fresh almost campfire like cologne. But everything is subtle, unlike our feelings towards each other.

" Alright y/n let's get you to bed" he says presumably noticing my muscle movements relaxing as i melt into his body heat.

He picks me up bridal style still holding me close.
"Hey y/n?" He says moving some hair out of my face.
" Yes matt?" I say groggily looking into his eyes
" I love you."
It was just barely a whisper but i can tell a red flush has appeared on my cheeks. We've said i love you before, but like each kiss we share every time he says it, it tends to blow me away even more.

" i love you too Theo, you know that right? I know your family sucks and that's what causes your sleep problems, but no matter what happens you'll be here with me, always and forever" i say as he slowly places me into our bed.

He then crawls over top of me hugging what seems like my entire body.  I can tell he has a lot of feelings right now so i hug him back placing light kisses on his head, twisting my fingers into his dark messy hair.

" Thats what's keeping me going y/n, you. Your smile, your smell, the light touch of your fingers, the way you treat me, everything about you."

It makes me smile knowing we both have someone perfect for each other. And the best part is that i know he means it all, every single word.

I wake up to sunlight shining through our windows as im still wrapped in Mattheos arms with a light blanket over top of us.
The clock says 8:15 am.
I guess i'll go find us breakfast.

As i start to untie myself from his arms Mattheo groans waking up as well.
" no, don't go love" he says in a deep groggy morning voice making me smile.

" we have classes today matt plus we need breakfast" i say unsuccessfully getting out of bed as two strong arms wrap around my waist pulling me back down again.
" Stay" he says quite demanding for someone so tired. But once again everything he does makes me
fold.

He pulls me even closer as his head rests in the crook of my neck.

" Goodnight" His muffled voice says as he plays with my hair resulting in a small smile appearing on my face as I happily forget all responsibilities and close my eyes.

I think i'd be happy with forever and always with him.

ty for reading <3 a little cozy story for you allll. That basically it hahah
-kat 🌙