Part 36

"Fot, are you still with Gem?"

"Yeah. He only went to get something. I'm waiting for him..."

"Tell me honestly, who else did you tell that we have a separate hotel room?"

"Why?"

"Answer please."

"O-Only Gem. Why? What's wrong?"

"That's what I'm afraid of. Please listen to me. Stay away from him. I'm coming over there."

"What's wrong, Gun? You're freaking me out."

"I only shared this with Tinn, and Dad hasn't told anyone else. We arrived home from work a while ago to find that someone had broken into our hotel room. Strangely, the intruders didn't steal anything like laptops or jewellery, indicating they were looking for something specific. I confronted Tinn about it, but he denied any involvement."

"W-Wait... Are... Are you saying that Gem and his family have something to do with this?"

"We can't say for sure, but right now, we can't trust anyone. There's a chance you might be in danger, and Dad insisted that I come to protect you. We'll be arranging for bodyguards to watch over your house soon."

Gun's words had completely slipped Fot's mind. Numerous thoughts raced through his mind. He desperately didn't want to believe Gem or his family were capable of such actions, but now he couldn't shake the possibility. After all, he had only confided in Gem about it, and both his dad and Gun were meticulous about keeping their whereabouts, making it unlikely they could be discovered so easily. While others might have the means, Fot couldn't ignore the lingering suspicion of the Jirawatthanakul.

In the midst of Fot's internal struggle, Gem walked into the room and immediately noticed Fot pacing back and forth, clearly agitated.

"Fot, what's wrong? You look pale," Gem asked with genuine concern.

Fot gazed into Gem's eyes, but his thoughts were in chaos. Right now, all he could grasp was that Gem felt like a stranger. He wasn't sure if Gem was someone he could trust with his life or a potential threat.

"I want to go home now."

"Right now?" Gem curiously asked. "We actually have one more thing to do."

"No. No more. I want to go home right now," Fot insisted.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Gem moved closer, but Fot backed away so fast.

"You take me home, or I'll call a taxi."

Fot looked into Gem's eyes with a serious expression. Gem didn't understand what was happening, but reluctantly agreed and led him to the car. Before starting the engine, Fot observed Gem texting someone and decided to do the same, informing Gun that he was on his way home.

The car ride was filled with uncomfortable silence. Gem kept stealing glances at Fot, unsure of what to say or ask.

Eventually, they arrived at Fot's house. Fot was about to step out when Gem suddenly grabbed his arm.

"Fot, please, can you tell me what's going on? We were just okay a while ago."

"Who else did you tell about the separate hotel room for Gun and Dad?" Fot asked straight away.

Gem looked away, lips pursed, then turned back to Fot.

"I haven't told anyone. Why are you even asking?"

"Someone broke into that hotel room today. Nothing was taken. They were clearly after something."

"Are you suggesting we're involved? Are you serious?"

"We've only shared this secret with you and Tinn. Sure, others could be tracking my dad or my brother, but it seems likely it was your people."

"Seriously, Fot? You think I could do something like this? I can't even manage to spy on your brother without-"