12~

Kanishqa's POV:

Kanishqa's POV:

"Ma'am, we have reached J&Co. office," the driver said.

And here we are. I hope everything moves smoothly, even if everything with me is anything but smooth.

"Good morning, ma'am. How may I help you?" the receptionist asked in a professional tone.

"Yeah, actually I am here for an interview with Mrs. Preeti Singh," I replied to her.

"Give me a second, I'll update you," she said with a small smile. I looked around. Giant glass doors, black wood furniture with grey accents, and shades of white—it all looked so classyyy.. I must say, they have one of the best interiors I have ever seen.

"You have to wait a few moments in the waiting area, ma'am is currently busy in a meeting. Sorry for the inconvenience," she updated in a professional tone. I noted with a smile and sat on the couch.

I picked up a magazine. I've read so many articles about this company, Effectuals. It's simple yet effective. The company has 10 branches in India and many international branches. I read further, but my eyelids grew heavier with each passing second. Taking my medicine in the morning was a mistake, but how could I forget when Avyansh was there? I've yawned more than 15 times now. I closed my eyes to rest .

"Ma'am, excuse me, ma'am," I heard, opening my eyes. "Mrs. Singh is available in her cabin, you can meet her."

Oh no, DID I SLEPT? My eyes widened.
HOW COULD YOU SLEPT IN THIS SITUATION..? my subconscious mocked me..
Fir se so gyi yr meii...

I grabbed my bag in a rush and made my way towards the lift, only to trip and scatter my things everywhere.

Low iron gurly thingss..

The receptionist came to help me. I quickly gathered my things and put them back in my bag.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" she asked.

"Yes, yes, yes. I'm fine," I replied, still flustered and in no position to answer any questions. I moved toward the lift, but it was already full. What luck! I turned around.

"Huh? Which floor?" I asked.

"30th floor, ma'am. Right side, first cabin," the receptionist responded promptly. I noted this and noticed another lift nearby that nobody was using. I made my way inside just as the doors were about to close. I saw a reception girl saying something or maybe she was just passing with a horrific expression towards me. I didn’t pay further attention; I was already late and had embarrassed myself enough.

This lift was different from the others, with a golden interior, a couch made of tires, and silver-plated furniture. In a lift? It screamed wealth. Obviously, J & Company is a big brand. I stopped at the 30th floor and almost ran towards her cabin. Fortunately, there weren’t many people to notice me. I took a deep breath and knocked.