10

Nobody's POV

"Baby did the twins come home yet?" Toni asked as she sat on the couch.

"No why?"

"The school nurse called for Kay."

"Did she get hurt? Is she okay?" Kenny questioned immediately going into Daddy mode. He does not play with his children, no matter how big or small they might be.

"She's fine, maybe a little bit embarrassed... the nurse said she got her menstrual during lunch."

"Really?! Lord have mercy."

"What? You should've known this was coming. We have three daughters."

"Yeah, I know but she's still young."

"She's thirteen... not nine."

"Yes, I know... damn we might be getting old."

"You! Not me." They laughed. Soon the door opened and Toni stood up.

"Mom, what happened to Kay?"

"She's fine baby." Kayleigh had her sweater wrapped around her waist. She had her arms over her chest as she walked into the house. "Hi, baby."

"Hi." She spoke just above a whisper. Her stomach is cramping and she just feels embarrassed. Why did that have to happen at school? A lot of people saw her...

"Are you okay?"

"Yes." She whispered again and headed upstairs.

"Ohhh I know what's wrong now... women's day." Jr. spoke as he walked upstairs to his room. Women's Day is something that Toni does when it's her daughter's first time getting their menstrual. She takes them out for the whole day and does whatever they want.

"Mmhmm, women's day." She got up to go upstairs but Kenny stopped her. "Hmm?"

"She seems embarrassed, maybe you should let her have some space before you go up there."

"Fine." She huffed and folded her arms. As the day went by, Kayleigh didn't come out of her room. Not even for dinner. Toni brought up a bowl of pasta with meat sauce for her daughter to eat, her favorite. She knocked on the door and then opened it. It was dark so Toni turned on the light and set the bowl on the table.

She found Kayleigh curled up in bed, underneath the covers. Her stomach is in a bit of pain and her head is aching. "Kay, baby." Toni sat on the edge of the bed and gently rubbed her daughter's legs.

"Yes?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Maybe, is that pasta?"

Toni chuckled, "Yes." Kayleigh slowly sat up and leaned against her pillows. Toni took notice of her daughter's face, "Were you crying, baby?"

"Yes."

"Why baby?" She passed the bowl to her daughter and she thanked her.

"I don't know."

"I cried the first time I got my period too... I was eleven and my mother didn't explain it to me yet, because she didn't think that I would start so early, so I thought I was dying." She laughed.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I was the only one in my class that had it so I was cool for a while. All of my friends were telling me lies and filling my head with weird stories."

"Like if you go to the beach on your period you'll get eaten by a shark?"

"Yes!"

"You believed that mom?"

"Yes I did, that was back in the day though when it was easy to believe lies." They laughed. "Do you have any questions?"

"Yes but not while I'm eating."

"Okay, baby just let me know when you're ready." Kayleigh nodded and Toni left her room. She went back downstairs and cleaned up the kitchen.

"So when is women's day?" Sienna asked and Toni shrugged.

"I don't know, we didn't talk yet because she was eating."

Sienna nodded, "Okay, I remember my women's day."

"You do?"

"Yes Mom, it wasn't that long ago... we did a lot of things that day."

"Mmhmm, I'm glad you had fun." The two of them cleaned up the kitchen and Sienna washed the dishes.

"Mommy?" Kayleigh called out from the stairs. Toni turned her head and smiled.

"Yes, baby?"

"I'm ready now." Toni nodded and took her bowl. She placed it into the sink and the two of them headed to Kayleigh's room.

"I'll answer your questions to the best of my knowledge."

Kayleigh smiled, "Thank you. Can I use tampons?"

"Do you want to?"

"No, I was just asking."

"Okay, if you want to then yeah, I never used tampons before... well only when I'm on stage... well when I used— you know."

"Mmhmm, can I go camping because my friend said that I can't?"

"Why not?"

"Because of the bears. They will smell my blood and eat me."

Toni burst out laughing, "Girl, that's a myth. You can go camping, we might never go camping so you have nothing to worry about."

"Can I Bluetooth my period to other people?"

"What? Bluetooth?"

"Yes."

"I don't know what that is..."

"Bluetooth mommy." Toni shook her head and Kayleigh sighed. Toni called Sienna in the room and Kayleigh asked her sister the same question.

She laughed, "She means synching up... like sometimes Peyton and I have our periods at the same time."

"Ohhh, maybe that's true, I don't know. My sisters and I used to have ours at the same time too." After Kayleigh asked all of the questions she needed to, she got ready for bed.

"Mommy?"

"Hmm?"

"When are we going to have Women's Day?"

"Whenever you want to love."

"Umm, can we do it when I'm finished with this?"

Toni chuckled, "Sure."

***

Today is Women's Day and Kayleigh couldn't be more excited. She has been waiting for her day since Sienna got hers and today is the day. The mother-daughter duo would be doing a lot of things. The first thing they did was go out for breakfast at a diner called Blu and now they are at Target getting a few essentials.

"I can use the night ones? What do they do?"

"Yeah, they do the same thing but they help prevent accidents while you sleep. So you won't have to get up in the middle of the night to change your pad."

"Ohh okay." She picked up a pack of those and also a few things for her room. Once the shopping was done, they put their things into the car and headed back to the mall. "Can we go to the movies Mommy?"

"Mmhmm, what do you want to watch?"

"Ummm, Shallow Hal." The movie theatre they would be going to shows throwback movies on Thursdays. It's also a dine-in movie theater so they would also be having lunch/ dinner there. After being out for a few more hours, the duo decided to go home. Kayleigh was beyond tired from being out all day and so was Toni.

***

Excuse any errors 💘